• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Minimum Number Of Posts To Enter Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

With this mod you will be able to make certain forum/s of your choise post count accessed. Members with less posts set by you will see those post count accessed forums but they will not be allowed to access. Instead they will get an error message.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_PostsForums.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Posts to Enter Forums. There you can enable and disable the mod, set the post count and choose the ids of the forums that you want to make post count accessed. You can also set the error messag that will appear to the members with less posts set by you if they will attempt to enter those post count accessed forums

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

This mod is not supported anymore. A new expanded and more advanced version of this mod has been released as a premium mod here:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...nter-forums-on-a-forum-per-forum-basis.15643/

Attachments

• Admin CP 1 - XenForo_1287354050849.webp
    Admin CP 1 - XenForo_1287354050849.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Admin CP 2 - XenForo_1287354069900.webp
    Admin CP 2 - XenForo_1287354069900.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 90
  • XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287354216591.webp
    XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287354216591.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 76
  • PostsForums.zip
    PostsForums.zip
    2 KB · Views: 57
Another mod that is going to be used. This will be an absolute invaluable feature that I'll need for my upcoming site. Thanks a million and another great job. :)

Can it be set so that they don't see the forums at all.... When the post count is reached...ta da...something they have not seen before appears?

Another mod that is going to be used. This will be an absolute invaluable feature that I'll need for my upcoming site. Thanks a million and another great job. :)

Thank you Shelley :)

Can it be set so that they don't see the forums at all.... When the post count is reached...ta da...something they have not seen before appears?

That is kind of outside the mod idea. The whole purpose behind the mod is for the users to see the forums in questions but can''t enter them until they reached the post quota set by the admin.

So say I have an "introduction" forum where I require an intro to be posted before they can post in the rest of the forum. Can I simply restrict the ability to post in all forums until 1 post is made in the intro forum with this mod?

That could be controlled by usergroups most likely. Make a new usergroup that is not allowed access to the forum and then set the forum permissions for that usergroup in the admin panel to not see the forum. Now if you want them to eventually see that forum, then that might be another deal all together, but if you never want them to see the forum then that would be the best way to go about it I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom