Fixed Setting Minimum Number contraint on *optional* custom field defaults value

Affected version

rfc0001

I have a custom field which is for entering a year. Given the nature of this year, it is only valid for 1991 and after. However, the field is not required, and not applicable for several members. So, what I want to have happen is have the field be blank on registration page, but if the user choses to enter a number, have the constraint take effect. Therefore I have set the field to be optional, however XF tries to be smart and defaults the value to the minimum, which is not what I want or would expect, given this is an optional field, and even if it weren't optional 99% of users will fail to update it if it's already pre-populated, so it would be better to default to blank to force the users to enter a value, then XF can complain if it isn't greater than the minimum.

XF Bug Bot

XenForo bug fixer bot
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.3).

Change log:
Support a "default" value for numberbox elements that isn't overridden by the "min" value particularly important for custom field values.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.