XF 1.5 Minimizing wasted space under avatarHolder

So I want to start this thread by saying; I hope @Brogan doesnt mind me using his post as an example, it is a public post so I hope its no issue, if it is I can come up with another example.

To cut a long story short, I basically want to minimize the margin under the avatar holder so that it only takes up its space, unfortunately its currently done under "messageInfo primaryContent" with a margin-left:140px; along with a few other things.

What would be idea is if there is a way of padding from a corner rather than a left or right, now im no css expert but I dont think that exsists.

The alternative that I can think of is to put it in the same class that the messageContent is in, and just get it to wrap around that with it set to float:left; but I have been playing for an hour or so and I cannot for the life of me get it to do what I want it to do.

If you would like to know why I want to do this, in my style I am removing the default avatars and unfortunately cannot get them to look good using responsive, and without using responsive the text gets like 20 characters before it goes to the next line on an average smart phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• brogan.webp
    brogan.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 12
  • original.webp
    original.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom