1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Per User Group avatarHolder

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MagicalMidge, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge New Member

Hi, sorry to bug you guys again but one of the final things I just cant figure out...

It may be that it's just not something xen does out of the box, or that I dont know how to do it, but our vBulletin forum doesnt allow users to customise there avatar pictures, we do it in a "trophy" kind of way where as you get more known on the forum, or do certain things you get a different title, with this comes a different avatar picture.

Exactly the same principles as the "new member" and "well known member" titles, but instead done through user groups and custom avatar pictures.

My question is, can I do this in xen?

I have read up about custom user group styling, and I understand there is a "staff" class that can be tweaked, but is there any way I (for example) add to extra.css the user group I wish to change and then point it to the custom avatar picture on the server?

Can I allocate a set picture depending on what user group they are in?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, that's not possible.
  3. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge New Member

**** Is there no work around or addon that you know of?

Would it even be possible with an addon?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would be possible with an add-on, yes.

I'm not aware of one which does that though.

A workaround may be to edit the templates and use conditional statements utilising the user group ID.
    That's a bit (lot) kludgy though and would require editing multiple templates.