Min requirements and wordpress integration

Robert_Smith

Hi,

Just a few questions I couldn't find answers too after searching through this forum... Hoping you can help me out with these pretty quickly.

- What are the minimum browser req?
- Any guide for recommended server specs? It will be a brand new forum extending an existing wordpress commenting system. 4000 users a day currently, 6000 comments per month.
- For threads sitting on a Wordpress post page, is it possible to link and give the Author of that Wordpress post a badge in the XenForo thread which identifies them as the author?

- Is there any add-on to give ajax thread viewing similar to Muut?

Thanks!

Rob.

- What are the minimum browser req?
It can be a bit fluid, though we're pretty conservative with the "basic function" level. At this point, we still consider IE8 at a basic function level, but I think it's probably fair to consider not supporting anything below IE11 in the near future.

- Any guide for recommended server specs? It will be a brand new forum extending an existing wordpress commenting system. 4000 users a day currently, 6000 comments per month.
It's difficult to say as there's a lot of variables. What sort of thing are you looking at?

- For threads sitting on a Wordpress post page, is it possible to link and give the Author of that Wordpress post a badge in the XenForo thread which identifies them as the author?
That's something that would require custom development, as there's no out of the box connection with WP.

- Is there any add-on to give ajax thread viewing similar to Muut?
I'm not aware of one.

It's difficult to say as there's a lot of variables. What sort of thing are you looking at?

What other common variables are there that I need to consider? I mentioned the rough figures of current usage on Wordpress...?

Thanks, but not really what I'm looking for. Muut has the ability to view all posts in the thread while still on the list of topics, which is similar to how FB does it. With pre-loading it results in a much more fluid and responsive UX.

What other common variables are there that I need to consider? I mentioned the rough figures of current usage on Wordpress...?
I was referring to what sort of hosting were you looking at now. In terms usage, variables would potentially relate more to total page views and the total amount of data expected. In terms of hosting, there are huge variables, one of which would be budget and other would by "type" (shared, VPS, dedicated). As an example, I expect a VPS would probably be reasonable, but there's a huge variation between VPSes that may appear to have similar specs because of things like IOPS limits. Other variables would be your confidence in managing a server.

If you already have a host for WordPress, I would probably just use that and change if needed over time. Beyond that, the server configuration and hosting forum we have here may be able to give you more guidance, though that's only available to licensed customers.

Top Bottom