Migrating vBulletin 5.2.2, what's involved?

I have a Forum on the Cloud version of vbulletin. It says 5.2.2 at the bottom of the home page.

I'm extremely unhappy with vbulletin to the point of talking to my lawyer to see if I can sue them. When I upgraded in February, I had a thriving forum that had been in existence for almost 20 years. Because of a total nightmare with vbulletin, we've lost most members and moderators. We were on vbulletin for more than 10 years before with relatively few problems. 3.8 was the version we upgraded from in February.

So please tell my what it would take to migrate my Forum to XenForo. I see in another thread that it might be a two-step process from 5.5.2. As a last resort, we could start with the backup from February (ver 3.8).

This is a mostly text, reading forum. Nothing special about the setup or function. The current backup file, unzipped, is about 600mgs.

I'll probably need to hire somebody to help me. I'm not a database geek.

I don't have a host now (abandoned that when I went to vbulletin cloud). Is there a similar cloud service where I don't have to contract with a third-party host? If not, can you recommend a host just for the forum?

There is some urgency since I had to make my forum read only because the problems with vbulletin were so bad, we gave up.

Thanks,

Steve

I'll probably need to hire somebody to help me. I'm not a database geek.

I don't have a host now (abandoned that when I went to vbulletin cloud). Is there a similar cloud service where I don't have to contract with a third-party host? If not, can you recommend a host just for the forum?
Hi Steve,

We migrate vBulletin 5 forums to XenForo and host forums as well. Feel free to chat with us on www.todo10.com

Regards,
Claudio

Top Bottom