Migrate from IPB3?

1. Was it IPB3?

2. Which version of vBulletin do I have to buy? 3 or 4?
Impex supports IPB 3 but not the newest versions.. I've lost track but you could ask in vb presales. If anyone is thinking about using Impex to go from ipb to xf, I would encourage them to not upgrade ipb to the newest versions which Impex may not support.

Any version of vb you want to buy that has download access would suffice. The version you need would be vb3.7 or vb3.8...

Alternatively Floris over at xenfans performs conversion services, I believe he does IPB.

xenfans Convert Service starting at $35
Price: $ 27 (per convert, per 250,000 posts)
Base price: $8, if the convert fails, you get $27 refunded, the $8 is an admin fee.
Every 250,000 additional posts is $10.
Already have an active community powered by phpBB, IPB, or vBulletin, and need help converting it to xenforo? Our trained team will do a professional convert. This includes making a .tar.gz and .zip backup of your databases and xenforo, <other forum software> directory. (Please note that due to database size additional access might be required, contact us for details). And doing a convert, moving over your forums, users, threads and their posts. (Please note that if a convert has failed, you will get access to your backups, and get back $27 of your money, covering our backup service as well as hours spend).
Contact our team for details and if you have any questions. We can now convert from at least 150+ different forums and versions to xenforo.
http://xenfans.com/pages/services/

Okay, so it sounds like it's not a problem to migrate forum data.

Blogs are critical for me. I'll investigate the WordPress integration and see if it is feasible to transfer that data. If we lost our blog data, my users would never trust my site again.

I'm still waiting to see if my IPB skin will work out, but my fourth web designer has stopped responding to emails. :(

I have converted my IPB 3.1.2 site to xF by way of Impex. I know Floris does this for a small fee, which I think is reasonable, so I would agree with the others, if you don't have vB or have a friend with vB that could do it for you, then I would go to Floris vs buying vB.

Jamie

Okay, so it sounds like it's not a problem to migrate forum data.

Blogs are critical for me. I'll investigate the WordPress integration and see if it is feasible to transfer that data. If we lost our blog data, my users would never trust my site again.

I'm still waiting to see if my IPB skin will work out, but my fourth web designer has stopped responding to emails. :(

Do IPB blogs like vB Blogs allow users to say convert a forum post to the blogs?

after contacting kier about ipb conversion he didnt deny it wouldnt be produced so i would say dont buy additonal service of conversion when you can get something for free. Wait till stable release is out and see if import is supporting ipb

Top Bottom