• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Message For Your Guests

borbole

This is a small template edit that will show a message to your guests. At PAGE_CONTAINER template find the following code:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$showBoardClosedNoticed}">
                            <p class="importantMessage">
                                {xen:phrase forum_is_currently_closed_only_admins_may_access}<br />
                                <a href="admin.php">{xen:phrase reopen_via_admin_control_panel}</a>
                            </p>
                        </xen:if>

And above it add this code:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
                                                <p class="importantMessage">Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!<br />
                                                To gain full access you must <a href="{xen:link 'register/'}">Register.</a> Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.<br />
                                                Already a member? <a href="{xen:link 'login/'}">Login here</a> then!</p>
                                                </xen:if>

The message is hard coded but you can add a phrase if you want. At the screenshot below you can see how the message it will be
displayed to the guests. You can change the message to your likings, of course.

If such a mod already exists (I searched but could not see one) then please feel free to delete it.

Attachments

• XenForo_1287249152370.webp
    XenForo_1287249152370.webp
    39 KB · Views: 512
One of your tags isn't closed properly <a/>.

Thanks for the tip, I put it BELOW the board closed notice, and made it as a separate template.

Well that was easy enough, thanks.
Now how do I change the background color? Say, primaryLightest?

I was thinking of making it a separate template as cheeseshredder.
Does template inclusions effect page loading?

Well that was easy enough, thanks.
Now how do I change the background color? Say, primaryLightest?

I was thinking of making it a separate template as cheeseshredder.
Does template inclusions effect page loading?

I used the importantMessage class because I liked the look of it. But you can create another class/id and define it to your likings. Or make it as a separate template as well, like cheeseshredder. I wouldn''t know if it will affect page loading as I haven''t tested it but I don''t think that it will it in a big/negative way.

Isn't this bad for SEO unless it is an image?

Its top of page text content, which should be important and relevent, but it isn't and it appears on every page. I think I'd wait until webcrawler identification is added and I can be sure it is displayed only to human viewers.

Top Bottom