XF 1.4 Merging Vbulletin forum with Xenforo forum

IPF

I need some guidance with this.

1. I have a xenforo forum. Previously I had a forum that ran on Vbulletin 4. I closed it as I could not take care of it. But I have the tar.gz file. Will I be able to add the content from Vbulletin to Xenforo using this file alone?
  2. The VB forum had different category and node names. Will I be able to dictate to which XF subforum, the threads will be added?
  3. Is there any other tutorial that I should read in addition to https://xenforo.com/help/importing/
  4. What are the things I should not miss? Is this easy or should I hire someone for this.

Vb forum is not very big and had about 5k threads.

Thanks,
IPF.

1. You can only import from a database, so you'd need to import the content into a DB. If the attachments are in files, you'll need those as well (in the original directory structure).
  2. The import always creates new nodes. You'll need to move things around after importing.
  3. Not really. It is, however, very important that you take a backup before importing in case you need to redo the import. You may wish to setup a test copy of your site and try the import there first so you know what you're getting into.
  4. It's generally just a matter of entering some details and clicking buttons to start each step.

Reactions: IPF
Top Bottom