Style Merged off canvas menu and sidebar

In our next theme, we merge them together. We built a system so you can choose what you want to add and where. Makes it easier. And each can have its own separate trigger or just one, it really wouldn't matter much. If you only had one trigger, they'd need to tab over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 10.41.58 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 10.41.58 AM.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 48
It will be exclusive for that new theme or it will be implemented on the UI.X framework?
Since its hard to move things around reliably with conditional statements and make sure add-ons won't break and stuff, it requires a bit of diligence. And its not something I imagine we'll be adding into UI.X. But it will be in a new theme that will be generic in nature, meaning it will be a modernized UI.X so to speak. And UI.X is already modern, so it'll be using a few recent standards :)

Since its hard to move things around reliably with conditional statements and make sure add-ons won't break and stuff, it requires a bit of diligence. And its not something I imagine we'll be adding into UI.X. But it will be in a new theme that will be generic in nature, meaning it will be a modernized UI.X so to speak. And UI.X is already modern, so it'll be using a few recent standards :)
I understand that and I understand that some choises are made for marketing porpoise too ;-)
The screenshot is interesting! Is there any ETA?

Combing back on topic:
I would like to hear what think about the subject of this thread the other styles developers.
Come on! Don't be shy!! :-)

We have an Off-Canvas menu built into the framework but we have no plans to do panels on it at this time.

We have an Off-Canvas menu built into the framework but we have no plans to do panels on it at this time.
This is because is a relative new ui solution and you have to think about if it can be useful or not?

This is because is a relative new ui solution and you have to think about if it can be useful or not?

Solution to what though? I prefer having my alerts/inbox out ready to be opened in a single click (default XF setup). The screenshot of the panels Mike posted seem very nice just not something I'm interested in putting into our framework.

What @Mike Creuzer posted is his vision of this kind of feature. ;)

I you take a look at my first post you can see that I'm talking about merging menu and sidebar with the help of a tab in a single off canvas menu.

p.s. Alert/Inbox/Profile nice extra

What @Mike Creuzer posted is his vision of this kind of feature. ;)

I you take a look at my first post you can see that I'm talking about merging menu and sidebar with the help of a tab in a single off canvas menu.

p.s. Alert/Inbox/Profile nice extra
If you read Russ's reply you will note that he is not interested in making it two clicks to get to alerts and conversations than the current one. Personally im all for usability, and this hinders that element. I can understand sone people wanting that as well at the same time. Just because its something new, does not mean its a better way of doing things.

...if you read my reply you will note that I didn't suggested to put alert inside the off-canvas menu. It was Mike Creuzer idea for its next theme! ;)

My idea is to put standard menu and sidebar (tabbed) on the off-canvas menu (sidebar not include alerts/inbox!)

I, however, like the @Mike Creuzer idea but only if there will be a tooltip on the menu button to alert the user about alerts and/or new convos.

For desktop, it'll stay normal, one-click. For mobile, its an option but not a requirement.