Merge two Xenforo to one

Rich

I have two boards and I want to move just members to another board is there a easy way and what if some of the members have the same email or username?

The only way to do it is to go via vBulletin or IPB and then use the XenForo importer.
He's not talking about importing FROM vBulletin, or IPB. Its from xenForo.

I was just asking myself this question a few days ago, because I want to buy a gaming website that's powered by xenforo and merge it into my site [also powered by xenforo]..

I have a few people with a few xenforo sites.
If I take over their communities I wouldn't mind merging them into my one xenforo.

XenForo (source) -> XenForo (target)

I will see what XenFans.com can come up with as unofficial xenforo_importer.script.

If it is just a matter of importing ONLY USERS from the other forum, then, You might need to play some SQL game. Couple of tables will do the trick. Make sure that you have email address uniqueness constrained there, and a way to deal with the exceptions. :-)

I hope an import for xf to xf comes along.. There was one xf forum I was thinking about buying but no importer and I'm not buying a IPB license just so I can import xf to ipb, than back to xf..lol

I know exactly what he's talking about.

As I said, the only way to do it currently is to go XenForo -> vB/IPB -> XenForo

Hi Brogan,

Sorry to bump this one - I've recently been looking into acquiring another forum which is based on IPB 3.4 - can you confirm if I will be able to merge users and posts (and presumably forums) with my existing Xenforo installation? Are you aware of any problems with doing this on an existing installation - for instance the IPB has about 6 million posts, would I be ok leaving my XF forum open while these import? (presumably over about 24 hours)

Many Thanks

This thread is over three years old so it's no longer relevant.

There are more importers for XF now: Pre-Sales FAQ

No, you should close both the source and destination forum while importing.

Thanks for the quick reply - just one question though which doesn't seem covered - will the data import of a new board merge cleanly with existing data (no issues with duplicate accounts, or other ids), or does it delete/overwrite any existing data?

Top Bottom