1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge Parent and Child Styles

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by LPH, Jan 19, 2013.

1. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

I built a child style and now want to delete the parent. Unfortunately there must be details in the parent because deleting the parent (on a local install) causes the child not to render properly.

Do you think I should make a copy of the child, move its position to parent and try to work through the issues? Is there a faster way - to merge the two?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no way to merge two styles. You can't "flatten" them so they are only one style. Even if you overwrite on upload it doesn't do a merge, rather it does a complete overwrite. You would have to manually copy/paste custom templates and properties from the parent to the child, thereby eliminating the dependence of the child on the parent.
  3. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Drats. Guess it'll be the manual way. It was my mistake for making it a child theme of a modified theme in the first place. :notworthy: