1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 mention bug?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by eagle eyes, Nov 25, 2013.

1. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

user x mentions me.

user b quotes the post of user x

the alert shows

user x mentioned me
    user b mentioned me

through user b only has quoted user x.

How do i fix this? I dont want quotes to trigger the mention for the user quoting. It gives false alert.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've never seen this happen and there's no reason for it to happen with the design of the code. Can you show the posts where you got alerted twice? (Were they edited at all?)

3. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The person who quoted you may have edited the quote to remove the USER tag and converted it back to a tag, I believe this would have alerted you.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Either that or an add-on changing the behavior? I can't reproduce this myself.

6. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Could be an addon but nobody is editing anything. It is across all topics.

7. Jeremy

When you click Reply on a post, what is inserted into the editor?

8. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Just the quote and what you reply.

Quote has mentions..

9. Jeremy

When you say mentions, are the just the at sign and name or do they include the USER tag?

10. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

I do have quote me addon which means it is possible quote are being added as @ without the user tags.

11. Jeremy

Disable the add-on and test again. It's likely that is the case.

SneakyDave likes this.
  12. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

I disabled all plugins but the test is same. Mentions in quotes are still being alerted. Below results in alert for all users mentioned in quote with "user mentioned in this post"

Code:
    [quote="Zarvan, post: 4982267, member: 38934"][IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/999799_10151952260889130_914888538_n.jpg[/IMG]
    @[USER=15719]Aeronaut[/USER] @[USER=30226]Rafi[/USER] @[USER=25703]Areesh[/USER] @[USER=14956]Oscar[/USER] @[USER=2]WebMaster[/USER] @[USER=22700]DESERT FIGHTER[/USER] @[USER=9160]Xeric[/USER] @[USER=35647]RazPaK[/USER] @[USER=391]Spring Onion[/USER] and others[/quote]

13. Jeremy

There is no reason that should be alerting the user. If you send me a test account (or two) + ACP, FTP, Amanda Database access I can trouble shoot.

14. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Can you test this out? Sorry got busy with things.

Let me know, i will PM you the info.

15. Jeremy

I will be able to test it later tonight, send me information.