1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Issue Memory exhausted

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Thomas, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Thomas

Thomas Member

We got this today when users tried to answer to a longer thread (>70K posts)

[06-Jun-2012 14:23:18] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/www/www.domainname.de/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php

Why is xf do something with the exisiting posts inside a thread when trying to add a new reply?

We upped the memory limit but with threads growing won't this happen again and again?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

These errors are difficult to debug.

I am looking through the code for possible sources of high memory usage when posting a reply. How many users are watching that thread? Look in the xf_thread_watch table. If it is a highly watched thread then that could explain the memory usage on reply.

3. Thomas

Thomas Member

46 users are watching this thread

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any addons installed? If so try disabling them.

If the error persists then I can debug it if you give me access to your forum. But I need to be able to reproduce the error myself which means setting up a test environment.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's really just an issue with very long threads. It's a tricky issue to handle - the only (short term) recommendation would be to starting a new "part 2" thread.