XF 2.2 ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81920 bytes) src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:127

Alexander.

We are having problems with the memory limit on Bizdustry. https://bizdustry.com/
I have checked php.ini, and the memory limit is at the maximum value of 2048m, on all values.
Tweak Settings on whm backend also states the PHP is at max value.
We are running on a unmanaged dedicated DUAL XEON SILVER 4310T 64GB DDR4 2 X 2TB SSD NVME
I believe it's preventing certain cron jobs from being ran inside the XenForo panel, and externally.

Untitled.webp

You probably want to look at the actual query being run (you should be able to figure it out if you click one of the logs to see the backtrace. My guess is you have some query that is poorly designed that is getting run and returning far too much data.

That being said, you your PHP memory limit is set to 128MB (which not so coincidentally is the default for the memory_limit directive).

If you've already changed that in /etc/php.ini, then my guess is that's not the one being used (or you need to reload php-fpm or something). If you go here, you can see the phpinfo for your setup, including things like where the loaded configuration file is:

Either way, there should not be anything in XenForo that takes anywhere remotely close to 128MB normally, so rather than toss more resources at it, personally, I'd get to the root of the issue (probably a specific query) and sort that out.

You probably want to look at the actual query being run (you should be able to figure it out if you click one of the logs to see the backtrace. My guess is you have some query that is poorly designed that is getting run and returning far too much data.

That being said, you your PHP memory limit is set to 128MB (which not so coincidentally is the default for the memory_limit directive).

If you've already changed that in /etc/php.ini, then my guess is that's not the one being used (or you need to reload php-fpm or something). If you go here, you can see the phpinfo for your setup, including things like where the loaded configuration file is:

Either way, there should not be anything in XenForo that takes anywhere remotely close to 128MB normally, so rather than toss more resources at it, personally, I'd get to the root of the issue (probably a specific query) and sort that out.
Would you be willing to work on the issue, and what would be you're pricing structure?

Would you be willing to work on the issue, and what would be you're pricing structure?
No, sorry. I'm about 10 years backed up on my own projects and definitely don't have the time to be working on other people's stuff. My currency is time, not money. So unless you are able to somehow pay me in more time, it wouldn't work. There's plenty of people that could help you though if you post over here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

No, sorry. I'm about 10 years backed up on my own projects and definitely don't have the time to be working on other people's stuff. My currency is time, not money. So unless you are able to somehow pay me in more time, it wouldn't work. There's plenty of people that could help you though if you post over here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/
Spoke with one of our developers who said the following - the issue seems to be resolved.

We have checked the issue and found that the main php.ini file still has old settings. So, we can update them from the WHM side: WHM => Software => MultiPHP INI Editor Then we restarted the PHP-FPM service from the command line to apply changes

Great... although it still doesn't fix the root of the problem. If your car's gas tank had an issue (say a leak), wouldn't you want to fix the leak rather than just be okay with filling up your gas tank twice as often? :)

XenForo recommends at least 256mb of memory.
Oooh, I was unaware of this. I can't even locate an official statement anywhere which mentions it. Does one exist?
(The obvious places that I've tried do talk about required & recommended versions of PHP, MySQL etc, but I can't locate a single mention of memory.)

XenForo recommends at least 256mb of memory.
rather than toss more resources at it, personally, I'd get to the root of the issue (probably a specific query) and sort that out.
Hmm, so having given it 256 MB, and still seeing job.php out-of-memory errors, I'm wondering where to look next. How does one work out which query is causing the issue? (The nginx error log isn't really shedding any more light so far.)
(Edit: nor is the backtrace, which appears to be not so useful for job.php errors like this - it just has: "
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
")

Top Bottom