Memcached PHP Extension Not installing...

bloop

I ran yum install memcached.x86_64 php-pecl-memcache.x86_64

configured memcached then checked for PHP extension but no memcache.so can be found...
yum remove php-pecl-memcache.x86_64 then I did

yum install php-pecl-memcached.x86_64
still no memcache extension.

When I run netstat -tulpn | grep :11211

I see memcached running but phpinfo shows no memcached and I can't find the extension path to add to php.ini either.

I'm confused now, what am I doing wrong...? I'm on Centos 6.6 ..Hope someone can help me... thanks.

I ran yum install memcached.x86_64 php-pecl-memcache.x86_64

Uhh.. if you are on CentOS 6.6 (and not using a panel) why not use @eva2000's most excellent CentMin Mod and get the benefit of nginx, MariaDB and all those other little goodies from an easy to manage script.

In the mean time, if you need the php PECL's installed (and you already have memcached installed - the daemon) then
Code:
yum install php-pecl-memcache php-pecl-memcached
should work.

Once you do that, you have to restart the PHP processor (either php-fpm or Apache).

Both need to be installed...? that's odd...
Like I said.. I found that on Debian it typically needed to... never really investigated why as it didn't take up that much resource.

With CentOS, I don't believe it is required.

Did you restart your PHP processor (whether it's php-fpm 0r Apache)? Until you restart, it won't be picked up.

Ya, I restarted apache multiple times, but I haven't tried installing both extensions at the same time so I guess I'll give that a try, thanks for the help.

I have both installed now.

#yum install php-pecl-memcache php-pecl-memcached

Package php-pecl-memcache-3.0.5-4.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package php-pecl-memcached-1.0.0-1.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

but I still can't find memcached.so or memcache.so in extension folder.

Thanks, I've found it now.
They were in /usr/lib64/php/modules/

But they won't load for some reason... no idea why.

In php.ini
extension="usr/lib64/php/modules/memcache.so"

No luck..

Then I tried moving memcache to /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/ since that is where imagick.so is located and loading properly.

Then changed in php.ini to extension="memcache.so"

restarted apache, memcache still no luck..

I'm going to switch to a new server and run nginx.. with centmin like you suggested. .and hopefully it will be an easier experience.

Top Bottom