Members cannot see warnings

Weppa333

Hello

I've tried the warning system on my install but I run into a small problem
I read the faq here http://xenforo.com/help/warnings/

When I give a warning to a user, the user receives a conversation, but there is now way for a uset to know exactly how many warning points he's got, or the list of hiw warnings

The FAQ above says the member should see this. Mine do not. I tried with default style, same story

what am I doing wrong ? :)

thanks !

It states it on the manual page.

Content Action
The public warning text can be seen by anyone who is able to view the content for which the warning is being issued. This text is separate from the warning, which can only be seen by those with the relevant permission.

Moderators can choose to make a warning public when they issue it.

Edit: I have just applied a test warning to your post above so you can see how it looks.

Okaaaaay it's in the third tab when issuing the warning ! I found it !

Thanks again, this is all new to me... I never used warning system in VB but I am willing to give this one a chance :)

My main problem with it is that i certainly DO NOT want to start a conversation with everyone, but I do want them to receive a notification/explanation, but coming from a "bot" account is more than enough.

You can uncheck the conversation option or you can leave it checked and lock the conversation so they can't respond.

Or you could use an anonymous Moderator account which doesn't accept conversations from anyone and lock the warning conversation.

Sorry to bump this thread but it seems like the most appropriate place. The fact that members cannot view their own warning history tab has caused massive confusion among my admin team, especially when warnings were being given for things outside of forum content. While the automatic PM option covers some scenarios, it seems like a bit of an oversight to not have a permission to control viewing ones own warnings as well as the global warning viewing permission.

Sorry to bump this thread again, is there something Im missing that would allow users to see their own warnings? Or is it just through notifications?

Top Bottom