Member Search

Member Search 2.2

No permission to download
This is a great addon for finding spammers, I just checked users with home page and quite a few obvious spammers jumped out.

It would be nice to also include criteria such as members with home page but zero posts.

Andy, are you sanitizing the input text on this? Searching for a member name like D'Addario throws an error because the apostrophe is being passed into the search query as is.
Code:
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["username"] => string(9) "D'Addario"
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
    ["homepage"] => string(0) ""
    ["field1"] => string(0) ""
    ["field2"] => string(0) ""
    ["field3"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"

Hi @AndyB,
I am trying to add a new column to display a button to contact user.
In template andy_membersearch_result i added :
Code:
<td><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}" class="callToAction"><span>Contacter</span></a></td>
But the link to the button only returns :
/forums/conversations/add
instead of :
/forums/conversation/add?to=user_name
What am i doing wrong ?
Thanks

member search.webp Hi, Andy, I'm really grateful for this Addon! Attached is a search result page of my dreams and it also allows custom display by "grid view" or as a horizontal list. With this kind of results layout, we wouldn't be restricted to a flat horizontal list. Can this be implemented? I'm hoping to add a slight "dating feature" to my search and this would be ideal.

As a simpler request, perhaps you can let us know how to add more custom user fields if we can style the results to get added to the next row? I've tried changing the code, but to no avail since I"m not a programmer.
Thanks!

@AndyB thanks for the nice add-on!

Thanks @AndyB for this nice addon.
I have setup a Drop down selection custom field, but when searching members it shows as a text field, any idea how to fix this?

@AndyB

Could you make it possible to search by dropdown fields and such as well? As per @sami simo's suggestion?
I'm also interested in having dropdown fields appear in the search.

Also, when using a custom user field with options, the search results currently display the value, not the text.
45490abc8abb1acc03b8df3ce3a8a374.png

Last edited:
Great add-on, does anyone know the field ID for "last seen" "last Active" so I can add that to the search results ?

Hey Andy, love this!

Was looking for it when trying to find a way to search by location, couldn't believe it wasn't an option in the ACP user search.

One issue, it doesn't seem to be returning the properly labelled values for one of my Multiple-choice drop down selection field types.

Is that a bug? Or is it possible to update it so that works too please? I wouldn't mind donating to add this feature :)

upload_2016-10-14_17-22-58.webp

Hi Andy, any chance you could add a "last seen" column? Or have the member card popup instead of going to the profile page when clicking on the username? Reason I ask for the "last seen" column is when members post a thread asking for advice from someone in their local area and the search brings up a list of 100+ members, it's quite a job clicking through to each member just to see when they were last online, as members that have not been online for a year or so would be no help, so it would be nice to see when someone was recently online as they could then be tagged to offer advice/help. Thanks.

I wonder if it's possible to only show exact matches of a string? E.g. if one searches for a member with member number 123 it would only find the member with number 123, not 1234 or 4123 etc.

AndyB updated Member Search with a new update entry:

Member Search v2.1 changes:

Added Last Activity column to results page.

@AndyB Do you think a results sort setting using last active would be possible, e.g. if limiting to 100 results show the 100 last active users? :)

Maybe an admin option with two radio buttons, or if not like your RSVP addon where it has a "Sort Order" text box (name or last active/active time).

I've set the limit to 250 but in one case (with just one search criteria set) this only shows users with names A - D.

Preferably, it would be great to have the member card show up when we click on the members names on the result page. It seems to be the more logical next step after looking for someone's location for possible meetups. From there we can start a conversation if we want to, go to their profile, etc.

Thanks!

Top Bottom