2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

Search for members using up to six input fields:
  1. Username
  2. Location
  3. Home Page
  4. Custom User Field 1 (Single-line text box)
  5. Custom User Field 2 (Single-line text box)
  6. Custom User Field 3 (Single-line text box)
A new link under the Members tab will be added called Member Search.

Features:
  • Six searchable fields.
  • Add up to three custom user fields.
  • Partial username and profile field searches allowed.
  • All phrases start with membersearch_ for your convenience.
  • Fully responsive for mobile devices.
(Example of Member Search link)

pic001.webp

(Example of Member Search form)

pic002.webp

(Example of Member Search results)

pic003.webp

(Example of Member Search Options page)

pic004.webp

(Example of Group Permissions)

pic005.webp

Installation:
  1. Download membersearch_v2.2.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-MemberSearch_v2.2.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
User Group Permissions:

Normally the Registered user group is set to "Allow" so all logged in members can use the Member Search feature.

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 10 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

On Nov 24, 2015 version 2.0 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection...
  2. See description

Member Search v2.2 changes: Username link in results now links to member card, previous version...
  3. See description

Member Search v2.1 changes: Added Last Activity column to results page.

Latest reviews

Awesome!! This Member Search addon is very helpful, and being able to immediately see the Member Card with info and link is a time-saver. I just sent a well-deserved Paypal tip! :) AndyB is always willing to help if he can, and has a flawless support for his addons (free!).
Simple and useful. Thank you.It must be with xenforo.It works smoothly.I can find everything I'm looking for.
Before we even considered migrating from vB to XF, this was one of our must-have add-ons to give our members the capability to easily locate one another via a search mechanism.

It works like a CHAMP and as an added bonus our users can now do partial-word searches, which they never could before!

KUDOS on such a well done job with this Member Search add-on!
Allows users of my site to search profiles of other members by model name or year, something they have been requesting for years. I was able to customize the labels in a way that should encourage users to update their profiles. Thanks Andy!
i've always been surprised that this isn't a core part of the xenforo software. essential for a travel website so members can find others based on location. well done and no bugs so far, so thank you!
Thought I had previously rated it.. Oops sorry. Anyway, this is an absolute must for us, as we rely heavily on user searches, for profiles and other members.

This is one of the best add-ons we have installed currently, and I cannot thank Andy enough for this.

He does an amazing amount of work here at XF, for us and his add-ons are always, working, bug free, lightweight and I find he thinks of the little things, we may overlook, and creates stunning add-ons as a result.

This add-on works perfectly in searches, and the results page is very well thought out for member search and custom fields.
Nice little add-on, just what I needed!
Extremely useful! Thank you!
Excelent!
Exactly what I need!!!!
Top Bottom