Member Search

Member Search 2.2

No permission to download
Using this on 1.3.0 beta 1 and it doesn't seem to work. I can set the permissions to view the member search. Although no link is added to my navigation bar or anything. Can't seem to reach the actual member search page.

Can our entries be linked to search results by separating with a comma, as if they were tags? This is a quicker way to find people who hold the same interests.

Last edited:
Updated. Getting this error.

Error Info ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/Andy/MemberSearch/Model.php:75 Generated By: DRE, A moment ago Stack Trace #0 /home/blah/public_html/library/Andy/MemberSearch/Model.php(75): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/blah/publi...', 75, Array) #1 /home/blah/public_html/library/Andy/MemberSearch/ControllerPublic/Member.php(44): Andy_MemberSearch_Model->getMembers('', 'Florida', '', '', '') #2 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_MemberSearch_ControllerPublic_Member->actionMembersearchResults() #3 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #4 /home/blah/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #5 {main} Request State array(3) { ["url"] => string(38) "https://8th.us/go/membersearch-results" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(6) { ["username"] => string(0) "" ["location"] => string(7) "Florida" ["field1"] => string(0) "" ["field2"] => string(0) "" ["field3"] => string(0) "" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" } }

Hi Andy, this is just what I was looking for but have hit a snag. I very recently moved my board over to Xenforo from Vbulletin 3.8.4 and am having a hell of a job trying to get this addon to work on the custom profile fields that were imported from VB. It installs with no problem at all but always shows a nil result in a search on the custom profile fields specified in the ACP.

It doesn't help that overnight, the UI on Mysql is totally different and I'm having difficulty in finding the custom field s in xf_user_filed table. Maybe I'm inputting the wrong values when setting which fields to search.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Great work by the way.

Last edited:
Very many thanks to Andy for helping me out in getting this working. I now have all the extra custom profiles that were imported from Vb, working and searchable.

Cheers, I am now officially a happy bunny :)

Can I search only for the first letter? Wenn ich search only for member with a ich became results for everyone who have an a in his username

What if your style has a dropdown? Will it incorporate it there? As opposed to the links mentioned --> A new link under the Members tab will be added called Member Search.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 11.24.20 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 11.24.20 AM.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 19
Would it be possible to restrict applicable fields to drop-down lists, rather than free text? I want to have a custom field of 5 options selectable from a list, and therefore members be able to search based on those same 5 options.

Is this likely to be implemented?

Thanks. :)

Top Bottom