Implemented Member profile field, post count, trophies in post bit

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Are you talking about the member profile field in a post? All of this info is displayed on the profile page, and some of it on the member card pop up. I believe it was left off of the member profile field in the post for a reason. Whatever that was, I like it. Give that page a clean, neat look.

Precisely one of the reasons I adore this software is the lack of useless garbage and wasted real estate on post view...

The day I found xenforo, I had literally just shaken my head and been appalled whilst looking at a one line post on other software that because of all the "bumph" took up half of my 1680x1024 screen res.. HALF the page for a one line post >_<

I don't think it's necessary to have any more info on postbit when it is all available elsewhere.. but if others do can it PLEASE be optional.

BUT... we could ALL be getting ahead of ourselves, almost everyone has yet to see the admin panel so this could already be available... time will tell.

I laughed when I read that. From reading posts on here so many users on here seem to know so much about how the software (alpha version at that) is designed, the direction its going, etc etc I didn't think we needed to see the admin panel. Just have to ask them. :D

The first appearance of the stats bar was done by someone scraping their own profile page. This user wanted everyone to see their trophies / posts, in the postbit. The very things that are being asked for as options by the thread starter. Kier, saw the silliness of scraping a page and exposed a View that merely presented the data that was being scraped. The continued development of the bar may have been inspired, in part, by the simpleness of obtaining the stats, but it was not why it was created.

Actually no, but i see why you would think this.

I actually prefer it not in the postbit. I rarely ever look at postcount. What I look for, and would expect from XF in the postbit, is the following:
  1. Username: Color, etc customizable via group settings, like every other forum under the sun.
  2. Avatar
  3. User Title
  4. User Rank image: WAY useful for immediate recognition of mods/admins who may have their own custom user title.
However, I do support having this as a design option. Maybe in the ACP, under postbit settings, something like "Show Postcount, Show Trophies, etc". It would allow administrators to chose their preference, similar how VB allows a horizontal versus vertical postbit display.

However, I do support having this as a design option. Maybe in the ACP, under postbit settings, something like "Show Postcount, Show Trophies, etc". It would allow administrators to chose their preference, similar how VB allows a horizontal versus vertical postbit display.
Also the same way vBulletin allows you to choose which elements (post count, join date, etc.) appear in the postbit. ;)

Also the same way vBulletin allows you to choose which elements (post count, join date, etc.) appear in the postbit. ;)
Ha, yes, that too. Just finished up an 8 hour road-trip today, so I'm not entirely there with my memory :D.

Top Bottom