Fixed  Member Profile bug

Ryan Kent

I went to the Member's page, selected a member and went to their profile page. I wanted to view a post from this member. My plan was to select their Postings tab and go to their latest post. I was surprised to find their Posting tab, along with the surrounding tabs, were all grey and I could not select any of them. I believe this is a bug.

Additional info:

- I am logged in as admin

- My permissions settings are pretty vanilla with little deviation from the install. I have not used the Never setting for any group. I confirmed the admin acct is set up with admin/moderator/registered user permission groups. I confirmed these templates had no unusual permissions.

- I tried checking other members. Their tabs were not selectable as well.

- I tried logging out of the forums and logging back in, issue remained. I am using FF 3.6.13

- I tried checking from another forum acct logged into a 2nd pc, and everything worked fine.

- I tried logging out of the other forum acct on the 2nd pc, and logged in with the admin acct and everything worked fine.

- I tried rebooting my main pc, logging in again as admin and...the issue remains.

MemberProfileBug.webp

From the description, it sounds like a browser related issue.
Clear all history and cache - press CTRL+F5.

For the record, I haven't seen that mentioned before at all.

It's a style/theme issue.

You have opacity set to 0.9 for the ".secondaryContent" css class, which seems to be messing up with these tabs.
Although I'm not exactly sure why exactly it's acting up like it.

[Style Properties => Building Blocks => Secondary Content]

Shadab, you reply is perfect!

A friend of mine who is a professional web developer for AMD made some adjustments for me and that one apparently caused the issue. It's strange in that IE dispays the tabs correctly while this issue appears in FF. What I don't understand is...I thought opacity was purely cosmetic. I don't understand what it would interfere with the functionality of being able to select a tab. Would that be a bug? Or a coding error?

In xenforo_sections.css

Code:
.secondaryContent
{
    @property "secondaryContent";
    background: @primaryLightest url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
    padding: 10px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
/*  Added by Carmelle */
/*    opacity: 0.90;  */
    @property "/secondaryContent";
}

This looks like a browser bug (though it happens in FF and Chrome) or a weird spec. IE(8) doesn't support "opacity" as a CSS rule.

Really, you probably don't want opacity here anyway - a background image with what you want or a background color with rgba() is probably better - as opacity will make your text partially transparent.

A friend was able to help me resolve this issue. The code I was using which caused the issue was in template xenforo_section.css

Code:
.secondaryContent

adding the following to extra.css resolved the issue:

Code:
/* resolved issue with Member area header tabs not being selectable
.tabs { opacity: 0.9; }

Top Bottom