Member Notes

Member Notes [Paid] 1.0.10

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Z61

Z61 submitted a new resource:

Member Notes - Allow your staff members to leave notes on a user's profile.

Member Notes for XenForo 2 allows your staff members to leave hidden notes on user's profiles.

Features:
  • Write notes on user profiles.
  • Viewing notes locked behind permission.
  • IP logging for notes is available.
Installation:
  1. Extract the contents of the .zip file provided upon successful purchase.
  2. Upload the contents of the 'upload' folder to your root XenForo directory.
  3. Install the add-on through the XenForo Admin Control Panel...

Read more about this resource...

Purchased. @Z61 could I request please that you display the number of notes in brackets in the Notes tab title?
Notes (12)
So that the moderators can instantly see how many notes a member has. If they have none, then the moderator saves time by not having to click to open the notes tab (y)
Thanks

Can someone please let me know what the database table(s) schema(s) look like for this add-on? We have tens of thousands of usernotes in the EL usernotes addon from XF 1.5 and I will be migrating them into this add-on once we upgrade, but I'd like to prepare by first knowing what the database structure looks like for it.

Thanks!

Can someone please let me know what the database table(s) schema(s) look like for this add-on? We have tens of thousands of usernotes in the EL usernotes addon from XF 1.5 and I will be migrating them into this add-on once we upgrade, but I'd like to prepare by first knowing what the database structure looks like for it.

Thanks!

I didn’t end up using this plugin, but before I knew that I mapped el notes for this one. It looks like just a separate table:

This is untested migration query.

Code:
 INSERT INTO xf_z61_member_note
(note_id, note_user_id,u ser_id, username, message, ip_id, post_date, last_edit_date, last_edit_user_id)
SELECT
usernote_id, profile_user_id, user_id, username, message, ip_id, post_date, last_edit_date, last_edit_user_id
from el_usernote;

Last edited:
I didn’t end up using this plugin, but before I knew that I mapped el notes or this one. It looks like just a separate table:

This is untested.

Code:
 INSERT INTO xf_th_usernotes_usernote
(user_note_id, profile_user_id, user_id, username, message, post_date, last_edit_date)
SELECT usernote_id, profile_user_id, user_id, username, message, post_date, last_edit_date
from el_usernote;
Thanks for this info. I just wanted to make sure that I could do a 1:1 mapping (ish) from the old to the new, and your post confirms it.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up using instead of this one, and why?

Thanks for this info. I just wanted to make sure that I could do a 1:1 mapping (ish) from the old to the new, and your post confirms it.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up using instead of this one, and why?
I edited the query in my original post. You ended up quoting the wrong query, FYI.

Audentio ported over a bunch of my other plugins for 1.5 -> 2.1 migration. I had forgotten they made a user notes plugin for me so I ended up mapping it to that one instead.
arn

I edited the query in my original post. You ended up quoting the wrong query, FYI.

Audentio ported over a bunch of my other plugins for 1.5 -> 2.1 migration. I had forgotten they made a user notes plugin for me so I ended up mapping it to that one instead.
arn
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

I've got a couple of issues with this add-on. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how it is supposed to function. See the attached image:

The user's "Notes" tab seems to indicate how many notes the user has given, not how many he has. Shouldn't it work in the reverse way? I only care (At a glance) how many notes the user has on his profile, not how many notes he's left on other profiles.

Secondly, see the bottom of the image. There is a "Leave a Note" section, but it's empty and clicking the text does nothing. I can leave a note from the Moderator Tools dropdown, but why is this extra section displaying at the bottom?

Edit: It seems that the bottom section under "Leave a Note" always has the quick editor visible when viewing certain profiles, and always has it hidden when viewing others. Is there a permission that I'm missing somewhere that would be causing this behavior?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.10.39 PM_censored.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.10.39 PM_censored.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Top Bottom