XF 1.1 Member must "Request" to follow a member

ineedhelp

Is it possible to change the "Follow" function so that when a member clicks on "Follow" it sends the other user a request, which they can either accept or reject.

Basically, I want it to function in a simlar manner to the Facebook Add Friend function.

This will stop any random members following others, without the need to restrict there profile setting to "Followed members only"

Also the member being followed should have the option to "Unfollow" because if a member for example leaves, or they don't get along, they're still followed and no way of being Unfollowed, unless the other member Unfollows the other member...

Any code modifications which I could apply?

Thanks.

Also the member being followed should have the option to "Unfollow" because if a member for example leaves, or they don't get along, they're still followed and no way of being Unfollowed, unless the other member Unfollows the other member...

Does anyone know if there was an outcome/add-on created for this functionality?

Only migrated to XF a week ago, and users are already discussing that they are being followed by someone the don't wish to be (because they don't like them, or don't know who they are) with no method for them to remove the user from following them, and stop them from following them again. I.e. a user initiated follow ban.

Thanks.

Top Bottom