Member gets logged into other accounts?

I haven’t rebooted the server yet but there are no caching systems in place for the website on the front end.
Oh, you have SOME caching most likely going on... at the least probably php opcache (although it shouldn't cause this issue).... that's why I suggested restarting the server. Every now and then I've come across a quirk on my site that a simple restart of nginx, php processor and memcached resolved. I'd suggest trying it as it should not take your site(s) that long to come back up. Simply set up a time you are going to do it and post notices on the appropriate sites that they will be down for about a 10-15 minute period (shouldn't take near that long to restart).

Are you up to date with the current version of xf? As in version 2.12...?
if not... upgrade.
if so, maybe fill out a support ticket and get someone's attention on it.

This is surely because of Ezoic CDN caching.
Ask them to disable it.
Yes, I agree to check in with them...

We've had similar issues on one of our sites where they aggressively cached things that shouldn't be (logged in content).
They managed to turn it off for pages that were served with a specific logged-in cookie set...

One more thing to note - when you're logged out, it shows you as logged out on all pages except the Forums index page. On that page it still shows you as logged in as that other member.

Hey @Ludachris try this?
It's due to the server being configured to use a reverse proxy (which is constantly changing) and the real IP address not being exposed consistently and/or CloudFlare being in use.

It's doing what it's supposed to - the config.php switch works around the issue caused by it.

Hey @Ludachris try this?
Sure did. I had to do that a while back for the same reason mentioned in that thread. But that was a separate issue. I actually tried removing that from the config file to see if it helped.... it didn't.

This is surely because of Ezoic CDN caching.
Ask them to disable it.
Yes, I agree to check in with them...

We've had similar issues on one of our sites where they aggressively cached things that shouldn't be (logged in content).
They managed to turn it off for pages that were served with a specific logged-in cookie set...
It was Ezoic. They disabled the caching and it fixed the issue immediately. What a pain in the ass that was. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I've worked with clients that have had issues with Ezoic's caching and Cloudflare. Usually in those cases, you can only use one of the other since they don't play too well together.

Ezoic caching options aggressively caches content, which is good for a blog, but very bad for a forum.

Crazy to me that Ezoic chooses to cache content that is explicitly tagged as "DO NOT CACHE, EVER." XenForo gives clear cache directives via it's Cache-Control header.
Code:
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, max-age=0

private
The private response directive indicates that the response can be stored only in a private cache (e.g. local caches in browsers).

no-cache
The no-cache request directive asks caches to validate the response with the origin server before reuse.

max-age
The max-age=N request directive indicates that the client allows a stored response that is generated on the origin server within N seconds — where N may be any non-negative integer (including 0).

They are failing all the ways... they are ignoring the private directive they are given (do not store in a cache server, EVER), they are also told that even if you store the cache when I told you not to, you need to validate if the cache has changed with the server (which they also ignore apparently). And just so there's no confusion, you are allowed to store the cached content no longer than 0 seconds.

Sounds like Ezoic sucks... they are running a cache server in all the wrong ways. No wonder I never heard of them. 😂

We have had numerous reports and tickets over the years related to ezoic.

Yet they're still in business.

Sounds like Ezoic sucks... they are running a cache server in all the wrong ways. No wonder I never heard of them. 😂

I have had clients who used them and they were a source of headaches. When they approached me about using their services on my own enthusiast/hobbyist forums, you can easily guess what I told them!

Top Bottom