XF 1.0 Member Card

Wherever* you see a username or an avatar in XenForo, clicking it will open that user's member card.

member-card-png.214

The member card is a small summary of a user's profile, showing various commonly-viewed data, such as user title, gender, message count etc. along with the full size (but cropped to square) version of the user's avatar. Clicking on the username or the 'View Profile Page' link will load the user's full profile page.

There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.

trophy-summary-png.216

Loading the member card rather than the full profile page can take a significant weight off the server load.

Of course, for visitors with javascript disabled, a click on a username or avatar will load the normal, full profile page.

* There are a few instances where a click will go directly to the full profile page, or will load the avatar editor.

Attachments

• Member Card.webp
    Member Card.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,276
  • Trophy-Summary.webp
    Trophy-Summary.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,143
Mixed feelings about this, though for performances' sake I can understand it. I do fully anticipate modifying the templates to add more data to the postbit, though. But provided that isn't too difficult, I certainly like the concept and expect it will work quite nicely for most admins.

It's nice, but one thing I would prefer is user-moderating options in postbit, we use a template mod for that in vb 3.8 and it has become a very important and unmissable functionality on our forums.

It's nice, but one thing I would prefer is user-moderating options in postbit, we use a template mod for that in vb 3.8 and it has become a very important and unmissable functionality on our forums.

You are a user here, so you can't see any inline moderating tools. But what tools specifically do you require for your board?

Well I wasn't saying this is an example of the best way of doing things, I just think the option to moderate the user in postbit, without going to the moderator/administrator CP is nice and should have been there by default in vB. Do these functions already exist in inline moderation form on XF? Again, I'm not talking about inline moderation of posts, but the user.

I'd like to pick up on a query near the start of this thread ... can we get at the design of the member Card easily to redesign it? For example I'm not a fan of charcoal grey as background.
Others might like to move its cells around - rows, spacing etc
Or even add/ delete fields from the profile.

I'd like to pick up on a query near the start of this thread ... can we get at the design of the member Card easily to redesign it? For example I'm not a fan of charcoal grey as background.
Others might like to move its cells around - rows, spacing etc
Or even add/ delete fields from the profile.
The member card background is an image, so that should be pretty easy to change. :) I'm sure the rest is just template edits. :)

Erik yes of course but then it has to be redone on updates. Also if you're not a coder it takes hours and hours of step by step tiny experiments, backup, tiny experiment ...
I meant I want admincp controls to do it.

Erik yes of course but then it has to be redone on updates. Also if you're not a coder it takes hours and hours of step by step tiny experiments, backup, tiny experiment ...
I meant I want admincp controls to do it.
I doubt that's going to happen, honestly. It would be a lot of work to add in robust controls for something that a simple template edit can change. :)

Precisely - the member card background is an image specified in CSS, the rest is basic HTML, also styled with CSS, so it's all fully accessible via the style system.

Top Bottom