Browser issue Member Card Style Issue

I'm on Chrome (Linux) and can see your users member cards just fine. Must be a local issue unless you've had complaints?

Screenshot-21.webp

It does load for when when viewing it directly. What I find is that the first time it won't load, but the second time I click it it loads successfully.

I have had this happen to me also, using Chrome - Win7

The content seems to load fine but the card image either doesn't load or takes a while to load. It isn't always a consistent problem either.

This happened to me too in Chrome on Mountain Lion. Version 20.0.1132.57

Looks like a browser bug. I've opened built in dev tools, selected card background image (image that was appended by script at the end of body), in style disabled z-index, image appeared on top of card. Then I've enabled z-index and image showed up correctly behind card.

Temporary solution (append to member_card.css):
Code:
.xenOverlay.memberCard.appleEffect
{
    background: transparent none;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard.appleEffect > div
    {
        border: 1px solid rgb(68, 68, 68);
        border-radius: 10px;
        background: rgba(68, 68, 68, 0.9);
        margin: 29px;
        height: 212px;
        box-shadow: 0 0 20px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)
    }

Same issue here, but with Chrome beta 21.0.1180.64 beta-m.

This happen on first try when attempting to access a user member card. No more issue on any other attempt.
Capture.webp

This happened to me too in Chrome on Mountain Lion. Version 20.0.1132.57

Looks like a browser bug. I've opened built in dev tools, selected card background image (image that was appended by script at the end of body), in style disabled z-index, image appeared on top of card. Then I've enabled z-index and image showed up correctly behind card.

Temporary solution (append to member_card.css):
Code:
.xenOverlay.memberCard.appleEffect
{
    background: transparent none;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard.appleEffect > div
    {
        border: 1px solid rgb(68, 68, 68);
        border-radius: 10px;
        background: rgba(68, 68, 68, 0.9);
        margin: 29px;
        height: 212px;
        box-shadow: 0 0 20px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)
    }
This temporary fix unfortunately adds a frame with broken image inside.
Capture2.webp

Jake, with the above information, can you reproduce it or understand what might be going on? If so, what do you think would be a permanent solution?

Jake, with the above information, can you reproduce it or understand what might be going on? If so, what do you think would be a permanent solution?

Sorry I still can't reproduce this problem myself. Nor do I understand the nature of the problem or why Arty's fix works. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Top Bottom