Browser issue Member Card Style Issue

I have OS X Lion, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 and OS X is the only one I see the issue in sometimes in Chrome 21. It only happens on the first page load and subsequent loads are usually working fine. I can reproduce it more reliably by clearing the browser cache then loading the page, but even then it doesn't always happen.

Yeah happens occasionally to me. I have to close it and open it again to view the background. Sometimes it just takes about 2-3 minutes to load but this is only in chrome. I'm not sure why! I'll post my chrome version when I get to the home computer but I usually update to the latest.

I have no ads and the funny thing is it only happens on my default members card. I actually uploaded a custom card to a few other themes and they pop up instantly. This was before and after clearing my cache.

Okay just FYI I'm not sure what exactly initiates the pop-up (javascript, css, or whatever) but I was on another site that had the same issue for a similar function and fashion.

It's chrome's fault >.> (obviously)

I can confirm this.. I've noticed that it started happening since yesterday for me; Chrome Version 21.0.1180.79

Like it been said by others.. it's inconsistant..

Seeing this happen more and more on our site. The below screenshot shows a problem with a "Unsafe Javascript" from a ad, but this was happening before the ad so not sure if the addition of the ad is contributing to it being more frequent now.

member-card1.webp

member-card2.webp

Same here. On occasion. With Chrome and mac 10.8

If I look at the card a second time, it tends to go away.

Whether a true bug or just an slight burp (incompatibility) with a version of Chrome is the question!

What you could do is open the header template or something global and add something like this:

Code:
<div style="background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/overlay/member-card.png); display: none"></div>

Forcing your browser to load the image on every page regardless of the membercard being loaded.

Top Bottom