• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Member Card - Re-visited

Shelley

This kind of derived from a thread by a member that request for avatars to be sized at a smaller scale so I commenced on pursuing this and eventually opted for 96px avatar inside the member card. Though, with that came issues when other members applied larger avatars so all avatars now member-card now auto re-sizes to 96px by 96px if a member uploads a larger avatar.

Anyway with that came a design re-think. I thought that member cards should look like member cards and also commenced on a new design. Quite a bit of work went into this with various template editing and alot of padding and margin properties introduced.

Whilst keeping with consistency weith the xenforo feel and look I felt the curling ribbon image would be better as the "close.png" rather than the "X" circular icon. That said, I feel the "close" image can be eliminated and replaced using pure CSS rather than a png image.

Anyway, I may release this one but wanted to hear your thoughts on the new look with regards to the member-card. (Preview Below)

2nqhae.png

95pwci.png

As always, nice work Shelley!! :D

All I need you to do is make it into a television lookin' thing and we're good at TeeVeeTown ;)

This looks great Shelley, I myself will probably remove the little rolodex tabs at the bottom, I know what you were getting at and it's really neat but never-the-less :). To be honest this looks cleaner than the original :).

I'm not really in a rush to release this. Not because I don't wish to release it to the public but because this member card will force users to have their avatars to be re-sized to 96px and I need to remember what changes throughout the templates I made.

Sometime this week I'm going to re-visit this and look into adding most of the changes I made and migrate them to the style properties if it's possibly. I'm sure it will be to reduce the template edits. :)

I'm not really in a rush to release this. Not because I don't wish to release it to the public but because this member card will force users to have they're avatars to be re-sized to 96px and I need to remember what changes throughout the templates I made.

Sometime this week I'm going to re-visit this and look into adding most of the changes I made and migrate them to the style properties if it's possibly. I'm sure it will be to reduce the template edits. :)

you meant their*. your english sucks! :p

i'm kidding just incase my sense of humor is horrible.

you meant their*. your english sucks! :p

i'm kidding just incase my sense of humor is horrible.

Please refrain from asking for support in this thread. My understanding of the english language isn't so great either. You are more than free to submit a support ticket but this thread is soley, and primarily for feedback on the membercard not styles. Thankyou. LOL

Your sense of humor is all good. I won't bite. :P

95pwci.png

This is very nice!
Although, I do prefer the second version over the first version. Being more solid than transparent just seems to look better.

I like it the redesign is great, not a fan of the card cut outs though tbh, and I don't like the resizing of the avatars, but the design it's self is sweeeeeet!

Great work as always :)

Top Bottom