Media Sidebar

VinnyS

Hi
ok at first I got the Media sidebar to work no problem. Then I installed Widget Framework and I saw a post that said how to make the Random Sidebar within Framework and that is when the problems started! OK I uninstalled Framework and upgraded to 1.4.5 then tried to get the Random side bar back with no luck? I tried the random on the top of the forum it worked, I tried it on the bottom it worked then I tried to get it to work in the sidebar no go? So I uninstalled Framework still no luck getting the sidebar to work? any thoughts?

Vinny

Likely to be an outdated template.

If any of the templates listed here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-1-0-3-released.93094/

...are listed as outdated or customised then revert them. Specifically xengallery_media_block and xengallery_media_block.css.

It's also worth making sure that the following files definitely uploaded correctly and ensure your browser cache (and any other caching) has been cleared before trying again:

js/xengallery/media_slider.js
js/xengallery/min/media_slider.js

Hi Chris
Crap I uninstall the gallery then reinstalled I figured it would fix the problem but now I am getting this error

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'media.social_group_id' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenGallery/Model/Media.php at line 93
  6. XenGallery_Model_Media->getMedia() in XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 45
  7. XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionIndex() in Nobita/Teams/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 7
  8. Nobita_Teams_XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/spingola/public_html/leominstersocialtoday/index.php at line 13
Vinny

Hi Chris
Crap I uninstall the gallery then reinstalled I figured it would fix the problem but now I am getting this error

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'media.social_group_id' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenGallery/Model/Media.php at line 93
  6. XenGallery_Model_Media->getMedia() in XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 45
  7. XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionIndex() in Nobita/Teams/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 7
  8. Nobita_Teams_XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/spingola/public_html/leominstersocialtoday/index.php at line 13
Vinny
Looks like you have a Social Groups add on installed that extends the Gallery. You would need to seek assistance from the author where that is concerned.

Hi Chris
Everything ok i restored the site last night i would fix one thing then another problem would happen so it was easer to just restore...... ill post what i think happened later but thank you for your replay....

Vinny

It's already quite clear what happened.

You have an add on that extends XFMG. It seems to add a column to one of the gallery database tables. You uninstalled the Gallery. You reinstalled the Gallery. The column added by the other add on was now missing. Hence the errors.

It's worth noting that we would very rarely advise anyone to uninstall any add on as a support step. Mostly for reasons like this and obviously data loss. There would often be many steps before we get to a point of needing to uninstall something. It's especially important to avoid taking such drastic steps unless specifically advised to do so.

If things are now restored to how they were, I would refer you back to my previous recommendation:

Likely to be an outdated template.

If any of the templates listed here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-1-0-3-released.93094/

...are listed as outdated or customised then revert them. Specifically xengallery_media_block and xengallery_media_block.css.

It's also worth making sure that the following files definitely uploaded correctly and ensure your browser cache (and any other caching) has been cleared before trying again:

js/xengallery/media_slider.js
js/xengallery/min/media_slider.js

Hi Chris
I said I would provide you with what I think started my problems. I was trying to take the widget framework by trying to take and install the link below. I did what it said but did not work for me. After installing what it said to do I started to get errors on my site, so I uninstalled the widget. Then uninstalled widget framework.

1. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.28014/page-226

Now after uninstalling the widget and framework I upgraded XenForo to the newest version, WELL just knowing enough to be a danger to myself lol I reinstalled the framework then the trouble above with the server error so here we go again I uninstall framework but the error was still there!! So I uninstalled the Gallery then reinstalled the Gallery error was still there. Well at this time knowing I had the ability to restore the Gallery I restored the whole site to the day before and at that time widget framework and the Gallery and my Group add-on were playing nice!! Well what do you think!!

Vinny

I think you blindly took a load of actions that were mostly unnecessary.

Dealing with the original issue, if you still can't see the sidebar block this may still be related to outdated templates and likely not require any changes to be made to any other add ons.

We actually don't so anything to officially support WF so you should be first attempting to make sure the sidebar block shows on a default style with all add ons disabled.

If it works then, re-enable WF and seek assistance in the WF support thread.

At no point do I envisage you having to uninstall any add-ons to get this working.

Hi Chris
Yes you may be correct, however not knowing what you know unfortunately I don't know what you know and the only way I could fix the problem was what I know.

As far as the original issue WF is disabled and I can not get the Media sidebar to work, as far as the template its what came with XenForo?

One thing I noticed is at the ACP under tools File Health Check does not work?

Any Thoughts?
Vinny

I forgot to update this as it was getting late.

An add on comments out the code that XFMG does a replacement on.

@Steve F might want to look into it.

I would suggest either not commenting out the "slot" comment on the forum list sidebar or at least trying a higher execution order.

(The statistics add on)

Last edited:
Hi Mike
I think so? However I'm am not a developer of software and sometimes I get into a situation that I just do not understand? However you have a GREAT STAFF that is willing to HELP and as far as that goes THANK YOU......

Vinny

Top Bottom