Media RSS Feed

DaveM

My gallery on the one forum RSS feed does not seem to want to work when requested by my other forum at all

http://goodolddaysforum.com/media/index.rss

If I view it as it is above I see the feed but as soon as I place it into my other forums RSS reader I get the following error when trying to view the feed. If I save it and try and run it I get nothing at all.

upload_2015-2-11_12-10-24.webp

I couldn't get that feed URL to work either, though I could get your forum feeds to work.

I will take a look at the code in a bit to see if there's anything there where this could fall over.

Yes it does look that way. Is there anyway to expand what is shown in the media feeds as it has very little information.

Media - http://goodolddaysforum.com/media/index.rss
Check out all media from The Good Old Days
Gammera the Invincible (1965) - full movie
14 February 2015 12:25

The Hands of Orlac (1924) - full movie

Beast Of Borneo (1934) - full movie

In the case of all of those it includes the content too. For videos this will be the embedded video, for images it will be the image thumbnail. There isn't really much more information we can show, there.

If there's any specific additional information you would like to show, then make a suggestion in the suggestions forum. If your feed reader is only displaying the information in your post, then your feed reader is stripping some of the content away.

I would have thought it would have also had the embedded video in the feed.

Anyway just something that came to mind about that feed not working. When I first tried it I had not created any categories of the media area as I was going to run it with only the members galleries available. Since then I have added a few gallery categories and now it works, so I am not sure if this might be something that you would like to just check.

Last edited:
I would have thought it would have also had the embedded video in the feed.
It does, the content field in the feed contains an iframe for each video. Therefore, it's down to your feed reader as to whether it chooses to display that or not.

Just checked on the other point, good call, however I can't reproduce it even with no categories or no accessible categories.

Yeah, my comment remains the same. The feed reader (just so happens to be XenForo in this case) strips out stuff it can't display. XenForo can't parse HTML in posts so it strips most HTML out.

Top Bottom