XF 1.5 Media in Quotes Being Cut Off

TeflonDon

I had Click to Expand disabled for quotes and when you quote media, sometimes it will get cut off. When I reset that setting back to default and you quote the same media, it's all visible once you expand the quote. How can I fix this?

Any way you can link to what you're explaining or so screenshots of the issue? I'm not really understanding what you want to change (or what the problem is).

Any way you can link to what you're explaining or so screenshots of the issue? I'm not really understanding what you want to change (or what the problem is).

With Style Properties - Max Quote set to 99999px or 0 this is the result - Media is cut off

upload_2016-4-8_12-45-48.webp

When that setting is reset to default (150px) this what happens

upload_2016-4-8_12-46-18.webp
and

upload_2016-4-8_12-46-30.webp

Doesn't seem like the max quote recognizes the height of BBCode Media Sites.

With custom BB code media sites, if they're using JS to insert and display the format (which Twitter does), once the content gets resized, an event may need to be triggered. Clearly Twitter won't trigger what we need, but if they have an event that indicates when a tweet is loaded, whoever provided the media site may be able to add additional JS to trigger the "elementResized" event that we use.

As far as I can tell, this isn't an issue with resizing or the add-on. XenForo's default style limits iframes' height to 150px inside of quotes. This is from bb_code.css:
Code:
.bbCodeQuote iframe,
.bbCodeQuote .fb_iframe_widget,
.bbCodeQuote object,
.bbCodeQuote embed
{
    max-width: 200px;
    max-height: 150px;
}

I guess you could remove that block if you don't like it. Otherwise you can selectively remove this limit by adding this to your EXTRA.css:
Code:
.quote>iframe[data-s9e-mediaembed="twitter"]
{
    max-height: none;
}

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, this isn't an issue with resizing or the add-on. XenForo's default style limits iframes' height to 150px inside of quotes. This is from bb_code.css:
Code:
.bbCodeQuote iframe,
.bbCodeQuote .fb_iframe_widget,
.bbCodeQuote object,
.bbCodeQuote embed
{
    max-width: 200px;
    max-height: 150px;
}

I guess you could remove that block if you don't like it. Otherwise you can selectively remove this limit by adding this to your EXTRA.css:
Code:
.quote>iframe[data-s9e-mediaembed="twitter"]
{
    max-height: none;
}
That did it. Thanks

Top Bottom