Media Gallery Questions

I'm considering buying the Media Gallery add-on and have a few questions.

It sounds like I can't import (or mirror) specific threads in a forum, only a forum itself, correct? So I assume it would be best to just request users who created gallery threads to re-upload to the gallery itself?

Can admin set pre-defined tags?

Can users search for tags in the gallery only, and not the entire forum? (i.e. Star Wars art, so a search for "star wars" in the gallery section would only yield Star Wars art and not Star Wars threads)

If we (i.e. admin) create albums for specific users, can we turn those albums over/change the album owner to a specific user?

I am saying mirroring can be a good option for what you want, as long as your forums are focused. If they are not you can consolidate them, and use batch update to move some threads. So if on the forum side you have Flower Growing as a forum, in the gallery you could create the category Pictures of Flowers, and mirror.

I am saying mirroring can be a good option for what you want, as long as your forums are focused. If they are not you can consolidate them, and use batch update to move some threads. So if on the forum side you have Flower Growing as a forum, in the gallery you could create the category Pictures of Flowers, and mirror.
Gotcha. Right now it’s a single forum that people have threads of with their username, something like Digital101’s Cover Art.

Top Bottom