Fixed Maximum on amount of inserting media gallery bbcode in postings

Grover

Not sure if this would be a XFMG or XF suggestion or maybe it's just an option not being set, but I just came accross this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/test.88014/ (warning, it can crash your browser window, so best maybe a moderator removes it after seeing it)

It seems that one can endlessly include media-items (through pressing the photo-camera icon inside the editor toolbar and then relentlessly keep selecting the media items) inside of a posting. There is no limit on it? Or is this something we can set for our own boards in the ACP?

Last edited:
Have soft deleted the thread. Didn't crash Chrome (and I would hope it wouldn't crash other browsers), but it can cause a slow down.

Thanks, I already include the warning and request for removal (y). Did not have any other environment to test it out, since I don't own the XFMG (yet).

But if I (as an adult admin o_O) can do this, I am sure other beings on my platform could potentially abuse this new function. I guess there's an admin setting to prevent that?

As it stands there isn't, though you can potentially cause issues with some other BB codes if you want to devious. It's hard to totally prevent.

I've moved this to bugs for us to look into (either from a limit like we have for images/media) or to a JS adjustment.

This has been fixed now. There were some client side performance bugs which are mostly what lead to the browser hang. However, additionally, the standard image limit is now applied to gallery BB code tags as well.

Top Bottom