Fixed Maximum on amount of inserting media gallery bbcode in media-comments

Grover

Related to this bug:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...rting-media-gallery-bbcode-in-postings.88016/

It seems that one can endlessly include media-items (through pressing the photo-camera icon inside the editor toolbar and then relentlessly keep selecting the media items) inside of a media-comment.

Luckily the images are not shown in comments (so I guess it's not really a problem), but these are the results:
https://xenforo.com/community/media/colortest.244/#comment-90

Maybe there should be a limit set on this as well? (Or maybe -since I don't know a thing about performance issues/the programming side of things- this is no issue at all, compared to the other bug, where the pictures are actually shown)

Because we don't render the BB code in these comments, there's actually no performance issues to contend with in this case.

We've actually discussed this further.

Although it's true that there's not a great deal of point specifically taking into account the limits for the GALLERY BB code (because it isn't rendered so its impact is less), there's actually some other limits we should probably impose here.

So, actually, the end result is we will be applying limits for the gallery bb code, plus media and image bb codes, and also the maximum message length which currently isn't enforced in the gallery like it is with posts.

Maybe of a lesser importance (and I guess one does not need to control every single corner of this software, for different reasons), because it's not a comment-field that any member can enter (and therefore potentially abuse), but just a field that you as the owner of your image can enter: the [Caption] section.

In that section it's also possible to enter Media Gallery Embeds endlessly (who are also not shown as pictures, just as links):

caption no limit on media gallery embed.webp

But like I said, this comes down to the behavior of the owner him/herself how to manage this field anyway.

This has now been made consistent with posts (max message length, max images (this counts usage of image tags plus gallery tags) and max media embeds (this counts usage of (non gallery) media embed tags).

We aren't applying any limits to custom fields in this case.

Top Bottom