1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxathon Browser

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dartho, Oct 14, 2010.

1. dartho

dartho Active Member

Does anyone else use Maxthon browser? As I understand it, it basically use the IE engine and extends it. I've noticed a few anomolies in Maxthon which don't exist in other browsers, but given a search here for "maxthon" yields zero results, perhaps I'm the only one? I always assumed it was more popular than that given it has over 500,000,000 downloads ... maxthon.com for more info.

2. dartho

dartho Active Member

Just found there is a version 3 (was on 2.5) which I just DL'd and installed. All looks sweet now. Worth looking at and reading the propoganda, uses "dual display engines" and a "v8" Javascript engine - last of the v8 interceptors perhaps ;)

3. Wired

Wired Active Member

Um, that URL goes to a business consulting company. Gotta remove the 2nd A :)

Can't say I've ever heard of it.

4. dartho

dartho Active Member

oops - 2nd "a" removed. I started using it as it could save usernames/passwords which IE wouldn't esp handy if you regularly use MS Exchange's 'Outlook Web Access' and other stuff

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I've never heard of it either.