1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

max #nodes/#forums and Page width controller

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Stephen Austin, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Stephen Austin

Stephen Austin New Member

xenForo is truly great stuff. I have a demo running and plan to integrate part of the node/forum into an existing review site. users will be able to access the forums directly or through an existing 'read reviews' page which has 580px width available.

I want a liquid width with min.width of 580px, I set these parms:

min-width: 580px;
    _width: auto;
    _margin: 0 auto;

but the min.width seems stuck at ~980px, any advice?

Also, because of the integration with a review site with many review objects/threads, what is the max #nodes and #forums?

Thanks.

2. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Max nodes and forums I should think is unlimited. xenForo is designed to be completely scalable and I should think that would apply to the depth of it's hierarchy. As for the display / style issues I simply cannot comment yet as Im just starting out customising styles

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

XF is designed with 1024x768 as a minimum. The min width is likely on the html element so you can remove that, though I suspect you're going to run into a lot of design issues trying to fit the whole thing in that width.

4. Stephen Austin

Stephen Austin New Member

OK, thanks for the response, I'll work around it.