Master Badge [Paid] [Deleted]

if I win 1 badge for my first post, and then I win another for my post #100, the first badge disappears or hides ?

It will be hidden in some places, however you can still select the first post badge to featured

We've done that but we can't get them to our ideal size of 75x75px. Any size larger than a 48x48px makes the images blurry. All the original images are 100x100px so it's not the images themselves that are too small.

You can change the size in MasterBadge/Const.php, you may need to re-upload the trophy icon to apply new sizes

@Milano I am trying to wrap my head about the possibilities of this addon. Here is where I am coming from:
My vbulletin site has a usergroup promotion scheme which is dependent upon criteria.
A user needs to confirm to 5 out of 7 criteria to move to the next usergroup.

I know that on xenforo I can use trophies for each of those criteria. That's clear.

I would like to use an addon to show members which trophies they need to gather next. Preferably show multiple trophies they can go for. Can you addon do that?

In terms of members reaching 5 out of 7 trophies, is there some way your addon can make members go to the next level if they have gathered a combination of trophies? (multiple combinations possible)

So checking back around, is there actual bigger updates coming to this addon or is it put on maintenance mode only?

Far i see the 2nd one seems what's happening, what is a shame when it comes to potential and quite a lot of polish that could be done on the addon as even on normal usage some things do feel "tackled in" specially on how well the merge with the trophies system is set and the customization of options on admin side to allow more flexibility to different wants and needs. That's why i was waiting for buy and still am. :(

@Milano I am trying to wrap my head about the possibilities of this addon. Here is where I am coming from:
My vbulletin site has a usergroup promotion scheme which is dependent upon criteria.
A user needs to confirm to 5 out of 7 criteria to move to the next usergroup.

I know that on xenforo I can use trophies for each of those criteria. That's clear.

I would like to use an addon to show members which trophies they need to gather next. Preferably show multiple trophies they can go for. Can you addon do that?

In terms of members reaching 5 out of 7 trophies, is there some way your addon can make members go to the next level if they have gathered a combination of trophies? (multiple combinations possible)

When you view a badge details, it will show all the trophies belongs to that badge if the badge mode is "Public", but if you set the badge mode to "Step by step", the next trophy details will be shown. BTW can you explain more about "go to the next level"?

To be eligible for a certain usergroup promotion a member has to gather either:
Trophy A, B, C, D, E, F, G
OR if the user has an account upgrade trophy:
Trophy A, B, H, I, J
So there are two tiers.

What I would like to do:
  1. I would like to find a way to clearly show the user which trophies he needs to gather to reach the conditions of the usergroup promotion.
  2. I would also like to show their progress towards the promotion in seem way.
  3. Then once the conditions are met, I would like to be able to easily search and mass promote these members. (As our promotions are done during a public event) As your addon works with 'levels' I thought that maybe these levels could be used for this. But maybe there is a better way.

Is there a way that your addon can cater to my big boards needs?

To be eligible for a certain usergroup promotion a member has to gather either:
Trophy A, B, C, D, E, F, G
OR if the user has an account upgrade trophy:
Trophy A, B, H, I, J
So there are two tiers.

What I would like to do:
  1. I would like to find a way to clearly show the user which trophies he needs to gather to reach the conditions of the usergroup promotion.
  2. I would also like to show their progress towards the promotion in seem way.
  3. Then once the conditions are met, I would like to be able to easily search and mass promote these members. (As our promotions are done during a public event) As your addon works with 'levels' I thought that maybe these levels could be used for this. But maybe there is a better way.

Is there a way that your addon can cater to my big boards needs?

For example, if I unlock the Google and Twitter page then I will be promoted to an usergroup?
Social Connect   Badges   XtremeZone.webp

I been asked you for a refund. Do I have to go through my bank?

There is an option in 2.1.4 to display user level in message now. If you still want a refund, please pm me your email that you used to purchase the add-on.

For example, if I unlock the Google and Twitter page then I will be promoted to an usergroup?
That could work. If each trophy has a weight and the total weight is over X, then attribute the master badge.
  1. In your example each trophy has a weight of 10 points. If a member reaches 40 points, then would it be possible to unlock the 'social connect' master badge? If this would be possible then I could use this for the two tiers I mentioned.
  2. Are these point calculated independent from other master badges? i.e. if a user has 100 points in master badge A then will it not affect master badge B?
  3. Is it possible to show to the user the points of each trophy and how many points they need for the master badge?
  4. Can you show the progress of a user in regards to one master badge? i.e. show on the badge page the progress: 'jokerrrrr has unlocked 1 out of 4 trophies needed to reach master badge Social Connect'
  5. Is it possible to search in admincp for all members who have unlocked a specific master badge?
  6. Is there a public bug tracker and suggestion forum somewhere?
  7. Does the leaderboard show the position of the member or only the top ranking members?

Is it possible to show the Step to Step Badges on the Explore tab as long as you have unlocked one?
Also, could it be possible to hide trophy images from members who have yet to unlock that trophy?
Finally, is there a way to make the Carousel for the featured badges scroll from one badge to the next automatically?

Last edited:
I'm still confuse at the trophy call back because I don't have a lot of php experience however I have some few questions.

1. Do I make my own class inside the masterbadge/callback.php and create my own function?
2. If yes, how do I call a certain badge? Is it using the trophy ID?

PHP:
    public static function eventListener(array $user, array $trophy)
    {
        if ($trophy['trophy_key']) {
            switch ($trophy['trophy_key']) {
                case 'test':
                    // Do whaterver you want
                    break;

default:
                    break;
            }
        }
    }
}

3. On that call back is the 'trophy_key' the trophy ID that I inputted when I create a trophy?
4. How can I give a trophy/badge to a member that reaches a certain level?

@Milano please reply!

Last edited:
Is it possible to show the Step to Step Badges on the Explore tab as long as you have unlocked one?
Also, could it be possible to hide trophy images from members who have yet to unlock that trophy?
Finally, is there a way to make the Carousel for the featured badges scroll from one badge to the next automatically?
As well as those questions I have another.
Is there a way to make all the boxes for the badges the same height as the biggest on, or at least have each row the same height as the biggest column?? If you look at this screenshot, it all seems rather messy

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 12.37.54.webp

It's also similar when picking badges to feature on your profile

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 12.38.28.webp

@Milano

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot declare class XFCP_MasterBadge_Model_Trophy, because the name is already in use -library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 23 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(87) "https://www.kinmunity.com/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=14&dir=LTR&d=1469805483"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["css"] => string(19) "xenforo,form,public"
["style"] => string(2) "14"
["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
["d"] => string(10) "1469805483"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Keeps happening. Please fix.

That could work. If each trophy has a weight and the total weight is over X, then attribute the master badge.
  1. In your example each trophy has a weight of 10 points. If a member reaches 40 points, then would it be possible to unlock the 'social connect' master badge? If this would be possible then I could use this for the two tiers I mentioned.
  2. Are these point calculated independent from other master badges? i.e. if a user has 100 points in master badge A then will it not affect master badge B?
  3. Is it possible to show to the user the points of each trophy and how many points they need for the master badge?
  4. Can you show the progress of a user in regards to one master badge? i.e. show on the badge page the progress: 'jokerrrrr has unlocked 1 out of 4 trophies needed to reach master badge Social Connect'
  5. Is it possible to search in admincp for all members who have unlocked a specific master badge?
  6. Is there a public bug tracker and suggestion forum somewhere?
  7. Does the leaderboard show the position of the member or only the top ranking members?

I think you're misunderstand the badge concept here, it just a category that group a set of trophies. What're you looking for is separate the badge into tiers, once you unlock a tier then the tier image/icon will be revealed, right?

I'm still confuse at the trophy call back because I don't have a lot of php experience however I have some few questions.

1. Do I make my own class inside the masterbadge/callback.php and create my own function?
2. If yes, how do I call a certain badge? Is it using the trophy ID?

PHP:
    public static function eventListener(array $user, array $trophy)
    {
        if ($trophy['trophy_key']) {
            switch ($trophy['trophy_key']) {
                case 'test':
                    // Do whaterver you want
                    break;

default:
                    break;
            }
        }
    }
}

3. On that call back is the 'trophy_key' the trophy ID that I inputted when I create a trophy?
4. How can I give a trophy/badge to a member that reaches a certain level?

@Milano please reply!

Yes, it's possible to show the Step by step, but it will requires more server resources to fetch the data. Step by step will hide the trophy image from members who haven't unlock the trophy, but they can still see the image from members who have unlocked by visiting their profile. Regarding to Carousel, you can set the data-slick option to change the Carousel behaviour, you can find all the settings here http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/#settings

1. You should make your own class, don't add your code to the MasterBadge/Callback.php because it would be overwritten by next version update. Callback.php is just an example.
2. Create a new code event listener with "trophy_award" event, in the Execute Callback set the class name and method name. When a trophy has been awarded to user, the method from the class will be called and you will receive 2 arguments in your method which are $user and $trophy.
3. Yes.
4. It's not supported ATM because the points for each level can be changed at any time, therefore user level can be increase/decrease accordingly. You can use the points criteria instead.

As well as those questions I have another.
Is there a way to make all the boxes for the badges the same height as the biggest on, or at least have each row the same height as the biggest column?? If you look at this screenshot, it all seems rather messy

View attachment 138297

It's also similar when picking badges to feature on your profile

View attachment 138298

@Milano

I think the first image should not be happened on normal screen. Did you resize your browser to test the responsive? For the second image, I will truncate the long description.

Keeps happening. Please fix.

Please see the conversation.

Hi, I am trying to manually remove some of the trophies awarded to members. However I can remove trophies from admins but not from ordinary members. It goes through the remove sequence, but doesn't actually remove anything.

Where else should I look?

Also I would like the admin and moderators to not show in any points and leaderboards, is there a way of making this happen?

Thanks
An

Hello,

I've seen that the add-on installs the pictures into the /styles/default/ folder. However, when using a different style, the url get's messed up:
upload_2016-8-8_11-20-10.webp

Also is there an option to display all available badges (non-hidden)? The only thing I see is the "Leaderboard" and "Latest Awarded".

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to manually remove some of the trophies awarded to members. However I can remove trophies from admins but not from ordinary members. It goes through the remove sequence, but doesn't actually remove anything.

Where else should I look?

Also I would like the admin and moderators to not show in any points and leaderboards, is there a way of making this happen?

Thanks
An

Any error logs?

I buy it, and download it, but, If I close the browser, how can i find the download url next time?

You can find it in your email inbox.

Hello,

I've seen that the add-on installs the pictures into the /styles/default/ folder. However, when using a different style, the url get's messed up:
View attachment 138851

Also is there an option to display all available badges (non-hidden)? The only thing I see is the "Leaderboard" and "Latest Awarded".

All public badges are displayed, you need to create a "public" badge then add trophies to it. You should copy the MasterBadge image directory to your current style.

So....I purchased this awhile back, but I can't seem to find a link to update to the latest version - can someone point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom