Massive decrease indexed pages google

Robby

In webmaster tools i see that my forum has an enormous decrease in indexed pages by google. From nearly 6000 urls to 600 now. I really don't know why it is and haven't change anything i know off.
Are there people with the same headache?
My forum has a third of visitors in a couple of weeks.
This is my robots.txt:
Code:
User-agent: *
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
Disallow: /find-new/
Disallow: /account/
Disallow: /attachments/
Disallow: /goto/
Disallow: /posts/
Disallow: /login/
Disallow: /admin.php
Allow: /

Sitemap: http://www.site.com/CODE]
Anything wrong with that?

Last edited:
Aiaiai, Penalty from google?

Do you see anything in Search Traffic --> Manual Actions in webmaster tools?

What do you mean when you say "I only changed the format because Google asked". Could you please elaborate on this?
Hi,

I dont know the right name for it but i got in webmaster tools the question to choose between www.site.com en site .com
I have chosen site.com

But @Andy figured out that i have more then 11000 pages indexed, but in webmaster tools it says 600.
Could webmaster tools be wrong. There is a decrease in visitors so it's all very strange.

Should it help if i removed my robots.txt?
I dont think it's very different from this on xenforo.com but you never know.
There is something that must be wrong.

I dont know the right name for it but i got in webmaster tools the question to choose between www.site.com en site .com
I have chosen site.com
You should have added whichever version your site resolves to, so if your site uses www then you use that, if it doesn't then you don't. Note that your site shouldn't be available at both.

You shouldn't remove the robots.txt file, that's not causing the issue.

This is what i don't get:
5313 pages send ---> 630 indexed and decreasing?

sitemap.webp

Because you are still checking the www version? Make sure you add the right domain in WMT. domain.com in this case. Without the www

And the right urls are in your sitemap? Or maybe they where wrong before?
Then you need to wait until it is re-indexed.

If you want you can pm me the url so I can have a quick look to see if there is still something wrong.

I have just checked the basis board information in the acp and there was still the old url www.site.com
I guess this could be the problem because the sitemap takes that info. Not?

Top Bottom