XF 2.0 Mass marking Reports as Solved?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
On one of the busy forums where I provide tech support, moderators (of which there are a dozen) use Reports as a way of maikng sure other moderators are aware of actions on posts. There may be half a dozen of these a day or more, sometimes more than a dozen.

I'd like to be able mass mark these as Resolved but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this, unless I've missed it, other than opening every report individually.

Can this be done?

Reactions: the
We do this by using the warning system along with Xon's warning improvements.

Warning improvements can send warnings and/or warning actions to a specific forum.

What you need to have are
  • Regular warnings to users that you might normally do
  • Warnings that aren't really warnings in that the user doesn't get a warning or any warning points or communications, so they do nothing apart from being a note of a mod action, e.g. posts edited, post deleted, post moved etc.
These then all go to a forum or thread you specify in your private mod/admin discussion category:

For example I have a warning with no points entitled

No Warning to member, just a note for admin

To remind mods what this is for the Conversation title and default text:

Do not send PC with this warning, it's just for mods!

This also has the advantage of not clogging up your reports system with moderator stuff.

Last edited:
The reports are also sent to a specific forum (I use a different addon from AndyB for that).

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Reports alerts in the staff top bar:

That alert is for the current number of reports marked as unresolved. What I'm seeking is a way to mark them all as resolved or better yet have inline moderation on the actual Reports page so I can mark specific reports as resolved after say 2-3 days.

Last edited:
That alert is for the current number of reports marked as unresolved. What I'm seeking is a way to mark them all as resolved or better yet have inline moderation on the actual Reports page so I can mark specific reports as resolved after say 2-3 days.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, just letting you know how we resolved that annoying issue.

Last edited:
On one of the busy forums where I provide tech support, moderators (of which there are a dozen) use Reports as a way of maikng sure other moderators are aware of actions on posts. There may be half a dozen of these a day or more, sometimes more than a dozen.

I'd like to be able mass mark these as Resolved but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this, unless I've missed it, other than opening every report individually.

Can this be done?

Did you ever find a solution for this. On busy forums I'm surprised moderators are not suing xF for RSI issuse with all the clicks they have to make to mark a report as resolved. I want to do this with one click rather than 3 or 4 with a ton of scrolling between!

Top Bottom