Implemented Mass leave personal conversations

Alex

Agree there should be an easy way for a user to leave all PC's without having to go into each one and do it

Elizabeth

I absolutely agree, there needs to be a check box beside them so that you can select one/some/all similar to how you can check mail in google depending on your needs.

Peggy

Chiming in here. +1 I have multiple pages of pc's I'd love to get rid of but just don't have the time to go to each one and leave it. ugh.

Member 3639

Okay so i transferred my phpbb to vb and then to xenforo thanks to help from steven.

I now have 65 unread conversations with no way to wipe them apart from visiting each one.

Would it be possible to get a mass delete and mass mark as read options in conversations?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That's why I already have it in my migration plan to delete all of mine first :D

And everyone elses...;)

Member 3639

That's why I already have it in my migration plan to delete all of mine first :D

And everyone elses...;)
While that is an option for people converting, its not an option for admins to keep doing.

We need as easy way just simple check boxes will do.

Rudy

So, what is the magic way to mark all Conversations as read? I finally figured out how to get the alerts balloon to shut off, but I notice in my conversation list, they are still all bold and marked with the blue indicator. I ran the following two queries on my own account to get to this point... I eventually want to run these on everyone's Conversations, to get a fresh start.

Code:
update xf_conversation_user set is_unread = 0 where owner_user_id = 3;
update xf_conversation_recipient set last_read_date = '0' where user_id = 3;
Edit: the balloon still appears when I get a new message, and still has the wrong count in it.

Rudy

My unread count is working properly now, but I didn't really do anything other than mess about in the database as I mentioned above. I've been too busy getting the forum set up and rearranged, and I almost forgot about this problem.

Grover

The Conversations functionality in XenForo's current state is rather underdeveloped (example and example) yes. But I am sure (assuming) that XF 1.1 will give us more sophisticated functionality for the Conversations area. The Conversations concept is such a great thing! :

Bytheway... I totally love the fact that there are no 'sent items' (or ditto folder for that matter) at all anymore. Every single reply in a conversation is combined into 1 single conversation 'thread'... the thought that has been put into this refreshing communication system is just great.