1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Mass leave personal conversations

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Jeffin, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

One of my members was trying to clear her inbox of very old pcs. She said she needs to visit each and leave. Is there a way of just may be checking boxes and mass leaving them? Keeps the inbox clean you know.

CallieJo, lazy llama, Jesepi and 18 others like this.
  2. Alex

Alex Active Member

Agree there should be an easy way for a user to leave all PC's without having to go into each one and do it

Jeffin likes this.
  3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree, there needs to be a check box beside them so that you can select one/some/all similar to how you can check mail in google depending on your needs.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Chiming in here. +1 I have multiple pages of pc's I'd love to get rid of but just don't have the time to go to each one and leave it. ugh.

5. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

Okay so i transferred my phpbb to vb and then to xenforo thanks to help from steven.

I now have 65 unread conversations with no way to wipe them apart from visiting each one.

Would it be possible to get a mass delete and mass mark as read options in conversations?

Alien, James, Veer and 10 others like this.
  6. Ryan McAdams

Ryan McAdams Active Member

VERY much needed :) I'm staring at 290 :)

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's why I already have it in my migration plan to delete all of mine first :D

And everyone elses...;)

8. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

9. Member 3639

While that is an option for people converting, its not an option for admins to keep doing.

We need as easy way just simple check boxes will do.

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say it was.

It was in reference to your opening post which specifically related to importing.

11. Member 3639

Yes i know i was just re stating why its needed in reply.

12. Member 3639

Any update on if this can be implemented? Pretty simple thing to leave out.

Jeffin likes this.
  13. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

So, what is the magic way to mark all Conversations as read? I finally figured out how to get the alerts balloon to shut off, but I notice in my conversation list, they are still all bold and marked with the blue indicator. I ran the following two queries on my own account to get to this point... I eventually want to run these on everyone's Conversations, to get a fresh start.

Code:
    update xf_conversation_user set is_unread = 0 where owner_user_id = 3;
    update xf_conversation_recipient set last_read_date = '0' where user_id = 3;
    Edit: the balloon still appears when I get a new message, and still has the wrong count in it.

14. Member 3639

You probably need to update a user stat somewhere to wipe the unread count?

Will this ever get implemented?

15. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

My unread count is working properly now, but I didn't really do anything other than mess about in the database as I mentioned above. I've been too busy getting the forum set up and rearranged, and I almost forgot about this problem.

16. boatswife

boatswife Active Member

This would be great!

17. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

The Conversations functionality in XenForo's current state is rather underdeveloped (example and example) yes. But I am sure (assuming) that XF 1.1 will give us more sophisticated functionality for the Conversations area. The Conversations concept is such a great thing! :

erich37 likes this.
  18. Member 3639

I hope they expand on it a bit more, the limitations are annoying, i still have 54 unread <_<

19. swatme

swatme Well-Known Member

oh well thats small, only 54?

ive got 504 messages in my INBOX!!!! :LOL:

i vote for Mass Leave Conversation

Member 3639 likes this.
  20. SgtSpike

SgtSpike Member

I've got 954 after my import... :\

Definitely need a way to mark them all as read!

Member 3639 likes this.