1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass email failing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mmoore5553, Mar 4, 2012.

1. mmoore5553

mmoore5553 Well-Known Member

I have around 4000 user and was going to test sending mail out and get this error around the 2000 mark. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Fatal error: Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail::_sendMail() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Mail/Transport/Exception.php' (include_path='/home/barefoot/public_html/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/barefoot/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php on line 139

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

3. mmoore5553

Ouch maybe that is why we got blocked last time. Is there a way to span it out into intervals ?

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nope.

It also appears that there is a problem with the Zend/Mail/Transport/Exception.php file. Make sure that file exists. Try re-uploading the files for good measure.

5. Digital Doctor

Try Deebs EXIM thing.
    Seems like quite a bit of work though.
    Could be some gotchas as well.

6. Digital Doctor

Seems like people have to make this mistake before they know of the limitation.
    Where (I assume in the adminCP) would a warning be needed to be placed for you to not make this mistake ?

7. Digital Doctor

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try this.

Akela likes this.
  9. mmoore5553

Okay so just to make sure that threads, conversation , etc emails will not be delayed ? or they will ?

10. Jake Bunce

They will not. That change only affects the mass mailing feature in the Admin CP.

11. K Ozturk

K Ozturk Member

I can't seem to see user_email_send admin in the list there. Could it be that it was not installed? Or do I need to login as the God account in order to see it? My normal user account is not the God account, but a separate user account designated as a superadmin.

12. Jake Bunce

It is located here:

Screen shot 2012-03-16 at 6.22.35 PM.png

If you don't see it then try with your super admin.

13. K Ozturk

K Ozturk Member

Would you also mind showing me where the user_email_send template is in that page?

14. Jake Bunce

Admin CP -> Development -> Admin Templates -> user_email_send

The Development tab only shows in debug mode. To enable debug mode you need to add this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
    $config['debug'] = 1;

Akela likes this.
  15. andybond

andybond Active Member

At the risk of resurrecting an old thread - this template doesn't appear to be in v1.5

Is this correct ?

if so how do I go about limiting in XF?