Resource icon

Mark threads as solved (prefix and optional banners) 1.1.0

No permission to download
maybe for others & would be nice if we expand
Well, I like the idea ... think I'll do something like for the next update :)

And about the "5 days" thing ... as it's a cron-like action, it doesn't really fit into the purpose of this;
but as soon as the new feature for this addon here works, building another similar one will be easy, so why not :D

And about the "5 days" thing ... as it's a cron-like action, it doesn't really fit into the purpose of this;
but as soon as the new feature for this addon here works, building another similar one will be easy, so why not :D

Oh no no, I wasn't recommending you add that. I was just giving explanation on how our system worked.

Looking forward to the next update with thread moving so we can try it. Thanks!

I wasn't planning on adding it here. But, as I said, much of the code I will write for the new feature here can be reused, so the other addon can be done in no time (after this works)

I thought so because i saw in the first download package a directory in german language.
I´m looking for coder for a new addon.

Great addon and only missing one handy features which post ratings has and that is the ability to control which nodes / areas have the ability to use / display the solve option.
Reason is for support we only would like that area to have the "Mark as solved" option while others shouldn't like guides / development as it has no purpose there :)

@Rick164
Limiting the nodes is already possible.
Either you can allow the prefix only in specific nodes (this isn't in the options of my plugin, but in the prefix config), or you can solve it with node permissions (all 4 permissions globally set to no, and then yes for certain nodes only)

Last edited:
Buttons are always visible to Moderators and admins even if you set the permission to "never" in user permissions.

@estranged Like the description says, the Managing-Thread-Permission allows solving/unsolving implicitly too, because it allows to modify the thread prefix freely anyway.

@sheel, couple of feature suggestions ...

Move Prefix and Move Thread options from ACP Option ( /admin.php?options/list/sheel_solved ) to Node Options ( /admin.php?nodes/node1.1/edit )
... and ...
Also add Link(Button, see below) text/description to Node Options, so that per node we can change the value. Some nodes I'd want it to say Solved and set a Prefix, other I'd like it to say Sold and close the thread, and others I'd like it to say Fixed.

I really like how https://xenforo.com/community/threa...hread-as-resolved-themescorp-com-paid.117082/ has implemented similiar functionality as a button style, instead of Text Link too.

Hey,

if an moderator does mark the thread as solved does it show up in the Thread Tools -> Moderator Actions?

@SirWill
Currently not.

Initially, I planned to log all solved/unsolved actions, but it isn't really possible with XF.
Because

a) XF rejects the creating of any modlog entry if the user isn't in the moderator list and/or the user is the thread owner. While it makes sense for other things, sadly there isn't a possibilty to say "I want to log nonetheless" (without modifying the core code). (And personally, in my "home" forum there is a "experienced users" group which are not full moderators but can solve other threads. I would've been nice to ccreate log entries for this, but it's just not possible.)

b) I couldn't really figure out how to make a custom message anyways, ie. more than something like "User ID x did something now".

Because of this, I just left the whole logging part out...

Top Bottom