- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
- Visible branding
This plugin has three related functions, each optional of course:
- A link to mark threads as solved/unsolved, which adds/removes a prefix, and optionally moves the thread.
- Optionally a banner on solved threads, telling the user more visibly that the thread is already solved.
- Optionally a banner on old unsolved threads that the thread is abandoned (age based on last post).
- Once solved, the link changes its text and allows to revert the solved status again.
- Solving is possible without edit permissions, eg. when there is a time limit for them.
- 4 new permissions: Solve/Unsolve own/other threads. Alternatively, ManageAnyThreads includes them too (because it allows to modify the thread prefix freely).
- Link and/or banners can be above the first post, and/or below the last one, right above the editor.
- How old a threads should be to show the old banner, if activated, can be configured (days).
- Both kinds of banners are only visible if the viewing user is able to post in the thread
- Both kinds of banners have optional settings to display them only if the viewing user has less than x posts
(as in, experienced users don't need reminders)
- By configuring the prefix only for certain forum nodes, the solve links (and permissions) exist only in these nodes too
- It can be configured if the old banner should be active in prefix-less forums too.
- Templates and phrases start with sheel_solved
- No database changes
- No cost, no branding, MIT license
- Create a prefix which should be used for the solved threads, ie. text, color, and allowed nodes. (Note that ✔ from the screenshots below is not an image, it's a Unicode character. If you want to use it as prefix, just copy-paste it.)
- Upload the "Sheel" folder to library/ of you Xenforo installation and install the XML file in the ACP.
- Go to the option page and set (at least) the prefix id there.
- Set user group permissions.
If you like to, modify phrases and/or templates too (the names all start with sheel_solved).
Example how the solve link above the posts could look like (anonymized):
Link below the posts:
A possible prefix:
A different prefix configured:
Optional solved-banner, in this case below the posts:
Optional banner for old unsolved threads: