Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

I think, plugin have a alert bug!

We have alert problem on marked as best answer selected threads.

For example; if you select you my post as best answer in thread, then i take a alert about that on my notifications it is okay but then, i continue to take alerts on this thread while someone posted anything ( not mark as best answer) So, i take too many alert while members post a message this thread after my posts selected as best answer.

Can you please check it ? @Lior.
I didn't encounter this problem.

The first part of this addon - people picking the 'Question' prefix (which activates the Best Answer system) is working perfectly. But people aren't picking best answers.
upload_2014-12-10_13-58-47.webp
Any ideas on how we can make the Mark Best Answer button more prominent and encourage people to click it?

The first part of this addon - people picking the 'Question' prefix (which activates the Best Answer system) is working perfectly. But people aren't picking best answers.
View attachment 91420
Any ideas on how we can make the Mark Best Answer button more prominent and encourage people to click it?
The "Best Answer" button currently displays on the LEFT under each post. Lots of our members are overlooking the button cause they're so accustomed to clicking "Like" that they never notice or remember the "Best" button is overe there. Would it be possible to add an admin option that places the "Best Answer" button directly to the left of the "Like" button, aligned on the bottom right of the post with the other primary buttons?

I may get someone to do this myself... but I feel like it's something other people here could use/appreciate.
I have found this to be particularly true.. I also found setting the criteria to a ridiculous low number like 1 will at least make the plugin look active and give it a jump start it needs to get members using it.. After a couple months i returned the criteria to normal.

View attachment 91420

I have found this to be particularly true.. I also found setting the criteria to a ridiculous low number like 1 will at least make the plugin look active and give it a jump start it needs to get members using it.. After a couple months i returned the criteria to normal.

How about making the "vote as best answer" button to appear only when a spesific post is positioned on the upper area of the browser's height, then disappear when it is not.

Both the disappearance and the appearance are subjects to an easing fade effect.
This will dynamically changes the posts display while the users are scrolling through the best answer thread and therefore will hopefully make an awareness to the user for the button existence, which then trigger them to vote.

What do you think about it ? Is it possible to do so ? :)

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'alternative_best_answers' doesn't have a default value in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  XenForo_DataWriter->save() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenResource/DataWriter/Resource.php at line 778
  XenResource_DataWriter_Resource->_insertDiscussionThread() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenResource/DataWriter/Resource.php at line 905
  XenResource_DataWriter_Resource->_resourceMadeVisible() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenResource/DataWriter/Resource.php at line 506
  XenResource_DataWriter_Resource->_postSave() in /home/runemate/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  XenForo_DataWriter->save() in /home/runemate/public_html/ownercp/bots/push/index.php at line 168

I encountered this issue while trying to programmatically add a resource. I solved this by converting alternative_best_answers (in xf_thread) to a VARCHAR(255) with default value of a blank string. No apparent issues so far.

Last edited:
Hey Gang... Anyone have any ideas how to moderate/delete a best answer vote as a Moderator or Administrator? I seem to be having a few people that think its funny to mark the worst answers as best answers making the service quite the joke at the moment..

Hey Gang... Anyone have any ideas how to moderate/delete a best answer vote as a Moderator or Administrator? I seem to be having a few people that think its funny to mark the worst answers as best answers making the service quite the joke at the moment..
There needs to be a system to do that. And we would issue warnings for trolling behaviour.

Very interested in this mod, buy reading through the last few pages with lack of responses from the developer I'm wondering whether it's been abandoned?

Got this error after install. Please help

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Not unique table/alias: 'thread'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in StickyFirstPost/Model/Post.php at line 35
    StickyFirstPost_Model_Post->getPostsInThread() in BestAnswer/Model/Post.php at line 30
    BestAnswer_Model_Post->getPostsInThread() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 68
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 16
    Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Waindigo/CustomPostFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 16
    Waindigo_CustomPostFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in bdCache/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 7
    bdCache_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in StickyFirstPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 57
    StickyFirstPost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in BestAnswer/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 18
    BestAnswer_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/********.**/public/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom