1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark media as NSFW and a user setting to hide NSFW/Erotic media

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Some of our members upload adult images that are definitely NSFW.
    While this is fine with our community rules, I would like to offer our members an option to hide NSFW media.
    Because not everyone is happy with such images.

Please consider to add a function for media owners to mark media and albums as NSFW or Erotic.
    And a setting for members not to show NSFW images to them.

Optimally there would also be a function for readers to flag an image as NSFW. If X members flag an image as NSFW then it will be changed to NSFW status. This way the NSFW doesnt only rely on the author, but the community can change it to.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Joe Link, Infopro, empire and 5 others like this.
  2. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Good suggestion.

meanwhile, presumably you could do something with categories and permissions. so people who opt out just don't see those categories.

Sadly I don't think you can combine albums into categories yet.

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

We have 40k media uploaded by 220k members in 4k albums and 200 categories, which was imported from vb albums, Photopost Pro, Links & Downloads Manager. NSFW content is spread all over and cannot be managed with categories and usergroup permissions.

The most important reason usergroup permissions do not help is that its a personal preference, not a per usergroup limitation.

4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

i've long wanted this feature myself since we started. i ended up just making a forum specifically hidden from the public and required all NSFW media be spoilered.