1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Many are called

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mjp, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Just received this. It's for November 15th.

I wonder if I should get, oh, I don't know, a 60 day extension? ;)

summons.jpg

2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Hehe :)

3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

figures the one time I got called for jury duty and name was called from the jury pool, it was for a case involving someone I have known since I was a child...yeah that was a problem...well for them...I got to go home and get paid for the day.

good luck with that...jury duty bores me tearful

4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I have never had jury duty. Not once.

I got a letter in the mail once and a few days later another lettering telling me I wasn't needed..... So I've never even had to go into a court room for jury duty.... ever.

5. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Free hotel accomodation for a few days, should the jury be undecided about the verdict...(y)

6. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

I was mistaken, the summons is for November 5th. So as it turns out I'll be at the courthouse on the day of the hearing to dismiss a certain pending case.

Though I'd rather be there on the 15th of January. You never know what could go down that week. I wonder if one of the jury selection questions would be, "Have you ever used either of the forum software packages?" "Why yes, I use both of them every day!" Ah, the possibilities...

Not that I expect a trial will begin on January 15th. But with this "justice" system, you never know.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

However you'd be at the state court house and not the federal courts :)

8. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

I didn't realize IB vs Xenforo was a federal case.

But you're right about location. I will be at the Superior Court on Temple St., and the District Court is on Spring St.

Now you've taken all the fun out of jury duty!