Implemented Manually extending existing account upgrade

shawn

Let's say a user has an existing account upgrade. The normal term for the upgrade is a year, but this particular one is already six months old. The administrator wants to manually extend the user's term by an additional year.

If you try to manually add an upgrade, the ACP just assigns a date a year out from *today*, and then overwrites the expiration date in the db, rather than finding the existing upgrade and adding a year to it.

There are hundreds of current upgrades in the ACP>User Upgrades>Active list, and it's not searchable, so it's tough to find out when a particular account upgrade is set to expire. I usually just manually change the expiration date field in the db.

Similarly, the account upgrade information isn't displayed in the ACP>Edit User page, so you can't view/edit it there.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
While I acknowledge the limits of user upgrade management, the interface for the manual upgrade makes it pretty clear what it's going to do to the expiration: set it to what you ask for. Extending would be confusing on that form, IMO. A separate form to modify the expiration date would be needed to make it clear.

I'm going to move this to suggestions.

While I acknowledge the limits of user upgrade management, the interface for the manual upgrade makes it pretty clear what it's going to do to the expiration: set it to what you ask for. Extending would be confusing on that form, IMO. A separate form to modify the expiration date would be needed to make it clear.

I'm going to move this to suggestions.

Then the form shouldn't have a date field, it should just list the term. Provide this upgrade to this user for this term. Then it works out on the back end whether there's an existing upgrade or not.

I'd also disagree that it's clear what it's going to do. I suspected that it behaved this way, but only figured out for sure by looking at the date fields in the db.

There are hundreds of current upgrades in the ACP>User Upgrades>Active list, and it's not searchable, so it's tough to find out when a particular account upgrade is set to expire. I usually just manually change the expiration date field in the db.

Similarly, the account upgrade information isn't displayed in the ACP>Edit User page, so you can't view/edit it there.

+1 on the user upgrade info on the ACP>Edit User page. Big boards will have thousands of active subscriptions, and there is no way currently to perform any kind of customer service. "Is my subscription active?" I have no idea - I can't read through hundreds of pages of user upgrades. I've got a paid mod request pending for this functionality.

+1 on the user upgrade info on the ACP>Edit User page. Big boards will have thousands of active subscriptions, and there is no way currently to perform any kind of customer service. "Is my subscription active?" I have no idea - I can't read through hundreds of pages of user upgrades. I've got a paid mod request pending for this functionality.

Just look it up in the DB. That's what I have to do.

Top Bottom