We recently added the registration timer plug-in to our Xenforo installation and we thing it's working great so far. I noted that since the plug-in keeps a log of all blocks it completes; I might be able to use that.
I would like to have a script run that takes any offending IP address that have attempted to many times during a set period; and auto add them to the Blocked IP's list.
Here is what I know:
- I should be able to run the query via PHP and enter that the results into an array.
- With PHP I can then Update xf_ip_match with the data in said array.
- What is the user experience when Banned? Do they get to an Error page, or are they told they can't register when they try? Can they still see the forum?
- Can I TRUNCATE the xf_ip_match table ahead of every update so IP's wouldn't be blocked indefinitely?
- I have also read that xf_data_registry needs to be updated. Is this just for show in the AdminCP? I noted that data was in the form of a blob. How is that encoded and can I update via a PHP script?