XF 1.3 Manipulating Last User Activity Manually

Recep Baltaş

Hi,

I want to have full control over my board, so I check every single topic and answer to questions if required. But somtimes, I miss some topics.

In vbulletin, I was running a querry to set my login date to a previous date and then click on New Posts and voila, everything after that date was in front of me.

I want to do the same with Xenforo. So, my question is, is this code OK ?

Code:
UPDATE  `technopa_xenforo`.`xf_user` SET  `last_activity` =  '1394379900' WHERE  `xf_user`.`user_id` =1;

Thakns.

I suppose you can do that if you want, but you're generally not going to see us recommend queries.

You simply don't need to do that in XF. Last activity is not for tracking read content. That is tracked individually already.

I am not traying to track read content. By altering the last activity date, I will assume that I have not visited the site until that day. So when I login again, I will be able to track all the updated topics.

This worked well with vBulletin.

I am not traying to track read content. By altering the last activity date, I will assume that I have not visited the site until that day. So when I login again, I will be able to track all the updated topics.

This worked well with vBulletin.

As stated, you don't really need this in XenForo. Threads will be shown as unread until you read them or mark the forums read.

Top Bottom